Pulling a vacuum to remove water

Back to my clogged hot water pressure washer. The inlet and outlet of the coil are at the top of the coil. So it can hold a few gallons of water.

Let's say it's clogged in the middle, would pulling a vacuum on one end remove all the water up to the clog.

Going to be adding a chemical and do not want it to get diluted with water I assume is in there.

If you pull enough vacuum you could boil the water out. I'm not sure how you would hook-up a proper vacuum pump.

[Linked Image]

If one inlet is clogged, pulling a vacuum on the other end won't produce a differential pressure needed to remove fluid. A fluid extractor with a long flexible tube might remove the fluid.

Refrigeration vacuum pumps are.not made for pulling that amount of water out of a system without a cold trap between pump and system. Cold trap is a tank that is set in dry ice to freeze the vapor before it gets to the pump.
Tried either a shop vac or air compressor with their nozzle blowing or drawing air across the ends of the pipes suction in the tube.

I used to service those High temp pressure washers in a previous life. Most clogs were result of lime/mineral build up where steam is flashed. At this point the coil was replaced as cleaning minerals from the middle of a 50ft coils is difficult. And the caustic cleaner will eat away at the aluminum and not good with high pressure steam. for DIY fix I would remove the coil in a safe place outside drain it and fill the inlet with Lime-Away then pressurize the inlet with compressed air and see if it can eat the clog enough to flush it. put a hose on the outlet to safely drain the caustic if it lets go.

Back