LL oil is BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by JamesGames
I've heard about the "early oil changes" causing more wear - but what about annual low mileage heavy duty use cars? My GDI turbo M4 sees only canyons typically, lot of WOT runs, one - two annual track day use /and 15-20 mile highway trips that add up to about 2000-2500 miles annual, which I dump the oil at. I'm afraid of the soot buildup and the GDI turbo cleanliness (or lack of) so I am afraid to go longer. Oil is so cheap at annual changes I don't mind. Thoughts?

The notion that changing oil early contributes to additional wear is based on a flawed interpretation of one single flawed paper. It was discussed here several times and shown to be misleading and not accurate.

People still refer to the idea but it has no merit.

I would disagree.

Originally Posted by BucDan

Keep at it. Like you said, Oil is cheap. No matter the low yearly mileage, once a year oil change, minimum for your car if you want to baby it. If it were a daily, I'd say every 5K miles.

You are promoting waste or resources and environmental harm for pointless and selfish purposes.

Your "Once a year oil chang" has no logic behind it.

The car engine and oil cares about Celestial body rotations?

I suppose you annually celebrate your birthday still ?

Just trying to break some bad habits here.

I had 'em and I got past 'em.

smile.gif

Now we've ventured into Celestial body rotations? This rant thread is going off topic so it is being locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back