Gratitude

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to thank everyone for being such a good source of information and help with my car questions.

Originally Posted by dishdude
How drunk are you?

beer3.gif

Coming here is as much of a social experience, as it is a source of information.

Glad you are able to benefit positively from this message forum.

Originally Posted by rrretiree7
I just want to thank everyone for being such a good source of information and help with my car questions.

Thank YOU for taking the time to say so. You and I have had the same experience.

Learning from other members is valuable to me. I have learned a lot from other members, even in areas which I consider to be my strong suit (like airplanes).

That's why I support BITOG with my hard-earned $$.

Just remember , there are plenty of people that are smarter / more experienced , than you or I .

This forum is a good source of information .

ðŸ‘

I feel like I learn from a select few - Trav, cline, Chris142, bdcardinal. I also know The Critic IRL and I've seen him at work.

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Just remember, there are plenty of people that are smarter / more experienced , than you or I.

Very true. No matter how smart you are you can learn something from just about everybody.

Sometimes the really "dumb" question gets right to the heart of the matter. To give an example, some years ago I was asked to attend a Saturday meeting. The reason for the meeting was a bit obscure, but I was told it was important so I went. After a few hours of apparently important people talking about the wonderful project we were just about to start, I stood up and said, "I don't know about the rest of you but I don't know what project you're talking about." I received a standing ovation. Most of the people there didn't know either! And that was the end of the wonderful project.

Originally Posted by rrretiree7

Wow you don't see this comment here very often, it is rare.

You are very welcome, and BITOG is lucky to have you as a member!
welcome2.gif

I agree! This forum has several members who are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I don't have an engineering degree, so when a member takes their time to explain concepts in layman's terms, I grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the read. Lots to learn.

Originally Posted by ecotourist
Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Just remember, there are plenty of people that are smarter / more experienced , than you or I.

Very true. No matter how smart you are you can learn something from just about everybody.

Sometimes the really "dumb" question gets right to the heart of the matter. To give an example, some years ago I was asked to attend a Saturday meeting. The reason for the meeting was a bit obscure, but I was told it was important so I went. After a few hours of apparently important people talking about the wonderful project we were just about to start, I stood up and said, "I don't know about the rest of you but I don't know what project you're talking about." I received a standing ovation. Most of the people there didn't know either! And that was the end of the wonderful project.

Ahh , the very definition of a volunteer !
The person that answers "Yes" when they didn't hear the question ?

Seriously though... a good reason to be here is to learn or share information and as I once read on motorcycle safety forums;
" Experience is the best lesson ... Someone else's !! " I take that as learning from others mishaps.
smile.gif

*It's easy to put some dollars amount toward a donation just based on learning, time or money saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back