Who makes NAPA windshield wiper blades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And are they made in the USA?

I need to get a new blade.. My go to, foreign made Rainx are in stock, but I'm willing to try domestic. Is NAPA trico made, or if not, at least made in the USA?

On many NAPA parts, they don't put a lot of effort into the part # they assign, usually just adding a digit or letter to the OEM's part #. Do their blade numbers look like anyone else's ?

OK, like the Napa filters lop the first "5" off the Wix part number?

Well the NAPA part for the blade I need is WIP 60191.

The Trico part number is 19-1b (it is a 19 inch blade), so that doesn't look too close. Amazon didn't have a box/package pic for the Trico blade; I'm sure the Trico blade has a more specific part number than what I just gave.

Well I can't seem to find any Trico blade that has a part number 60191.

I guess the NAPA fit is not made by Trico.....

Yeah, for wiper blades, at least NAPA's part # is just too generic. The "191" part is no doubt for 19" and many blade makers have some variations of the same length so they add a -1, -2, or a letter.

More Googling.... NAPA calls their blades "Exact Fit...". Trico calls their blades (at least one of their lines) "Exact Fit....". Hmmm

OK, my local napa says it has it, so I'll swing by and grab one, AAA discount so that will save me a couple bucks as well.

You know, if it isn't made in USA I'll just go back to RainX.

The Napa proformer beams I picked up during their sale were Valeo blades. Big ol' stamp by the barcode on the back of the packaging.

Found out, at least the 19 inch blade for my highlander is made in China. So I have no reason to prefer it over the RainX blades, that I know last very long. I didn't see made in America blades at either NAPA or Walmart.

My local store had them on sale for $3 each or so. Whatever it was, it was below ST prices.

I though they were very nice. US made IIRC but this was a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back