New car with leak.

Why are you worried about something that hasn't happened yet? Take it to the dealer and see what they say.
Having said that, Ford is notorious about denying what IMO are legitimate warranty claims. It has happened to me on several occasions.

Originally Posted by GMBoy
If it bothers you that much just go and grab a motorcraft filter from walmart for $5 and screw it on. But either way, you won't have any issues.

Yep. I was thinking the same thing.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
What engine? If it is the 2.0EB timing cover leaks are not uncommon.

The 2.3 EB in our 2017 Explorer started leaking at the timing cover. I had it "fixed" at ~35,000 miles. It had a Mobil 1 oil filter on it and nothing was mentioned by the service writer. Unfortunately it's leaking again
shocked2.gif
. I'll make sure it's "fixed" again before the 60,000 power train warranty is up, which is in ~8,000 miles.

Whimsey

Take it in. Dealers can't deny warranty due to an aftermarket oil filter(and mention the word lawyer to them, they will scamper like a puppy).

Originally Posted by mpack88
I noticed a drip of oil in the driveway under my 2018 Ford Taurus with 8100 miles. It is leaking on the timing cover, I bought the car new had it for 10 months, I changed the oil one time. I install a premium guard oil filter and 5w 30 do you think Ford would bother to test the oil and blam the filter for the leak to void warranty?

No.

Originally Posted by mpack88
I install a premium guard oil filter and 5w 30 do you think Ford would bother to test the oil and blam the filter for the leak to void warranty?

Heck no! You'll be fine. Just be friendly yet firm when you go in to make sure.

There are moles, company plants in this very thread...they are writing it all down...the warranty will be voided, you will be sued, and your wife will run away with the lawyer....its too late!

And all the while there has never been language posted from an owner's manual nor a warranty booklet that says oil grade selection and/or filter brand is tied to the vehicle warranty.

What ever the fluid is, leaks suck. Especially on a newer vehicle. I'd still rather it be engine oil than an interior water leak though.

Originally Posted by PimTac
"Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out the line, the men come and take you away"

The men come in black helicopters.

I wonder if it is just improperly torqued down valve cover bolts? Seems like an easy thing to look at. Check to make sure things are snug....maybe you will get lucky.

Originally Posted by tiger862
If you are worried change the filter with manufacturers brand of filter.

What I was thinking .

I helped in service for a short stint at VW and knew a few mechanics when I worked for a Lexus dealership. They all fought over the new car inspection as it was billed as an hour of work but only took 30 minutes. So dealerships do get money for warranty but not always.

Back