Anyone watching Barrett Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt the top 1-20% of wage earners have a lot more money today than they did several years ago. So some portions of the collector car market have to respond to that. I've heard that collectible Porsche's have done very well.

Seemed like the supras went rather cheap. Plenty of really well done cars, some i thought went cheap and some way too much. Was a Ferrari california dumping ground. Not sure why people paid 120k+ for dodge demons.

Build it. Engines are cheap. Just buy a solid non-SS donor and add what you want for engine and trans.

I recommend a 396 with oval port heads mild street hydraulic cam. then M21 trans with 12 bolt posi.

You have to redo the suspension and wiring anyhow so.

Under 20K you'll have a treat of a car that wont go DOWN in value but UP.

I had one. but a '67 not the girly looking later ones
smile.gif

Last edited:
I have with mixed feelings. Love the vehicles. Can't believe so many have that kind of play money for toys.

IMO the wealthy people are now pulling their money out of other investments and putting it into collector cars to shelter their money, this drives up the prices. I have seen this behavior before, it generally happens just before a recession hits (we are overdue for one). Wealthy people are privy to inside information that us working people don't have access to.

401 k's at work here? 69 c10 100 Large. Zowwies!
Wag I agree with your point. Watched one guy buy at least 3 vintage vettes. 2 were 53's I think.

Originally Posted by ZZman
I have with mixed feelings. Love the vehicles. Can't believe so many have that kind of play money for toys.

Maybe they have very good paying jobs and can afford those cars.

There's a doctor on BITOG with a Lamborghini, Ferrari and Rolls Royce.... I forget his screen name.

I think most of these people are car collectors/investors. They hold on to them for a few years and sell them for a profit. Rarely drive them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back