Castrol Edge 0W-40 lost LL-01?

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by kschachn
I think I've moved on/gave up on from Longlife-01, but I have an ancient BMW so I'm hardly a typical user.
Same here.

And the new models don't call for LL-01 spec either.

New models in manual also have LL01 as oil that can be used.

Would you guys mix the older formulation with the new one? I have a 2007 BMW 530xi with the six cylinder N52 engine. It takes 7 qts of oil and I have 3 qts left from a previous LL01 jug.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JimKo
Would you guys mix the older formulation with the new one? I have a 2007 BMW 530xi with the six cylinder N52 engine. It takes 7 qts of oil and I have 3 qts left from a previous LL01 jug.

I would and wouldn't think twice about it

Originally Posted by JimKo

Based on new MSDS, changes in formulation are minimal.
Just go for it.

I used 5w-40, Mobil 1 and Castro's 0w-40 In a few BMW's and Mercedes, My Bmw don't have any turbo"s etc,. All the 0w-40 oils work fine in my car.

I know one oil that hasn't lost the LL-01....LiquiMoly Leichtlauf High Tech 5W40!

Originally Posted by TiGeo
I know one oil that hasn't lost the LL-01....LiquiMoly Leichtlauf High Tech 5W40!

Of course it did not. It is same oil since 2001.

Yep. You cant lost LL01 if you not make changes in the formulation. But I mean its also approvals than you must renewed (?)

But you cant becomes LL01 new, because BMW no more permits LL01. This is therefore not a question of "lost" anything, like: with the new you are no more good enough. You simply cant becomes LL01 again, because LL01 no more existing for BMW.

edit:
LM LHT 5w40 (initial from Meguin) is a one of the best not-topend-priced 5w40 on the market. One of the few
whistle.gif
top oils from LM.

Last edited:
BMW LL01 still existing since there are new formulation that have the bmw LL01 approval.

https://www.shell.com.ru/motorists/Моторные-маÑла-Шелл/МаÑла-длÑ-двигателей-легковых-автомобилей-shell-helix/ПолноÑтью-ÑинтетичеÑкие-маÑла/shell-helix-ultra-5w-40-sn-plus.html

Originally Posted by edyvw
Originally Posted by TiGeo

Of course it did not. It is same oil since 2001.

Don't change what works I guess.

Originally Posted by Bjornviken
BMW LL01 still existing since there are new formulation that have the bmw LL01 approval.

https://www.shell.com.ru/motorists/Моторные-маÑла-Шелл/МаÑла-длÑ-двигателей-легковых-автомобилей-shell-helix/ПолноÑтью-ÑинтетичеÑкие-маÑла/shell-helix-ultra-5w-40-sn-plus.html
Of course, your next expertise... Shell writes never for engine oils what is a approval and what recommendation. Also not in cyrillic...

The Web says, "ÑпецификациÑ" mean: specifications. Specifications are maybe approvals or maybe recommendations.
Learn it, finally.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer

Of course, your next expertise... Shell writes never for engine oils what is a approval and what recommendation. Also not in cyrillic...

The Web says, "ÑпецификациÑ" mean: specifications. Specifications are maybe approvals or maybe recommendations.
Learn it, finally.

Please calm down.
Lern it waay before you join this forum. And they are real. Atleast more real than you. Major oil company usually dont play with approvals.
And the new castrol edge 5w-40 have the bmw approval LL01
And the new mobil super 5w-40 has it too.

But maybe your oil expert have told you someting else
crackmeup2.gif

Major oil company usually dont play with approvals.
And now? Its your explanation, why you dont play with knowhow?

You mean "product performance claims"? Of course...

Link?

Major oil company usually dont play with approvals.
And now? Its your explanation, why you dont play with knowhow?

You mean "product performance claims"? Of course...

Link?

"why you dont play with knowhow"? sorry, really didnt get you on this. Can you please act like a man. And move forward.

Yes its real, castrol have always had that on the webpage. If you dont belive me you can email them about the approvals.

https://www.mobil.com/English-US/Passenger-Vehicle-Lube/pds/NAXXMobil-Super-Synthetic-Euro-5W40

Here is the new mobil super 5w-40. A bitog member email and ask if the bmw approval was real and it was.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...839/mobil-one-super-synthetic-euro-5w-40

You said "You simply cant becomes LL01 again, because LL01 no more existing for BMW"

So i ask you.. do you have any data to back that up? show me proof. Lets see how serious you are
coffee2.gif

Can you please act like a man.
Yep. That would be the least problem boy, but you reside too far away.

https://www.mobil.com/English-US/Passenger-Vehicle-Lube/pds/NAXXMobil-Super-Synthetic-Euro-5W40

Of course. "Specifications and Approvals". Very good. You have understand it up to the smalest detail...

A bitog member email and ask if the bmw approval was real and it was.
Hmm... Sorry but I cant find the "passage" with the email
21.gif

But of course, only recommendations for LL01 is for me not a problem. 2019 this is not the catchiest standard for engine oil. All oils than meets 229.5, able 502 and LL01.
Your problem are more probably not recommendations and approvals. I think no one on Bitog is 2019 insomuch dumb. You will simply fight in threads, but all other users speak too well english so you can never win with your gaga opinions and you though, now its your chance make a person like me to your victim.
Lot of luck for you, boy. Lot of luck
56.gif

Bye.

Last edited:
oooh nooo, stop crying and try to get a grip on your self. And try to fucus on the tread.

Try to go to the mobil webpage i linked to you. There you can find a email adress. Then You can also read the tread i linked to you.

And i still waitng:

So how about your statment about bmw LL01? do you have any data?

Hmm... Sorry but I cant find the "passage" with the email
21.gif

But of course, only recommendations for LL01 is for me not a problem. 2019 this is not the catchiest standard for engine oil. All oils than meets 229.5, able 502 and LL01.
Your problem are more probably not recommendations and approvals. I think no one on Bitog is 2019 insomuch dumb. You will simply fight in threads, but all other users speak too well english so you can never win with your gaga opinions and you though, now its your chance make a person like me to your victim.
Lot of luck for you, boy. Lot of luck
56.gif

You're crazy, no other way to say it. ExxonMobil is probably the most consistent company in regards to listing approvals and distinguishing them from recomendations.

I was the one who asked ExxonMobil and they confirmed it has actual Longlife-01 approval. Here is the post:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...e-super-synthetic-euro-5w-40#Post5191408

Originally Posted by kschachn
You're crazy, no other way to say it.
That is also great. You have no one answer to my questions in any thread, but in a thread with Suomis Firebug you are promptly enclosed. Ok, your problem
56.gif

To the point:
ExxonMobil is probably the most consistent company in regards to listing approvals and distinguishing them from recomendations

I was the one who asked ExxonMobil and they confirmed it has actual Longlife-01 approval. Here is the post

Sorry dont understand. If 1. is right, why did you do 2.?
And why you have not post Exxons answer?

Infos:
a) BMW is one of few manufacturers on which you must RENEW approvals. Also if you dont change your formulation.
b) BMW introduces since diesel emissions case a new tests for engine oils. Retroactively (!) Therefore, all specs are overdue. You old LL-01 formulations cant more meets LL01. For LL01 you must make new oil and buy the approvals. And than LL-01 is now very near to LL04, near nobody like apply LL-01.

That is, Laymens

Last edited:
What a convoluted mess that I'm not going to quote. If you don't believe my post then ask them yourself. They responded in a day or less.

I only asked because someone else (kinda like you) was having an issue believing it too. So unlike you, I took it on myself to ask them directly. I guess I cared more about it then than I do now. I've pretty much stopped worrying about Longlife-01, if the oil has 229.5 or A40 then that's good enough for me.

Back