Ford removed OLM from maintenance reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JLTD
I've noticed differences in FoMoCo displays, had 2 different 2013 F150 XLT, same engine, and some of the menu items were available or missing if the two were compared.

Mid-year change?

Ford, in their infinite wisdom, can have multiple cluster options for vehicles. I know the F-150 is one that does. The Fusion has three different styles if I'm not mistaken !!

Above I posted a photo of a '17 Escape dash (with Sync 3) that shows oil % info as well as posting that the Ford Pass app has the same information. Not a made up/doctored photo. Our friends 17 shows the info as well. Either you are entering commands improperly or your Escape has a problem, not the '17 Escape Sync 3 combination (which makes IMO no sense at all anyway)

Instructions
Left arrow
Settings...OK..scroll down
Vehicle...OK...scroll down
Oil LIfe Reset...OK... (shows %)

Originally Posted by tenderloin
Above I posted a photo of a '17 Escape dash (with Sync 3) that shows oil % info as well as posting that the Ford Pass app has the same information. Not a made up/doctored photo. Our friends 17 shows the info as well. Either you are entering commands improperly or your Escape has a problem, not the '17 Escape Sync 3 combination (which makes IMO no sense at all anyway)

Instructions
Left arrow

Thanks, I am going to give this a try shortly. It is past 1 am but this has really been bothering me.

Originally Posted by JLTD
Originally Posted by rubberchicken
Originally Posted by supton
Originally Posted by earlyre
I'll double check that on my dad's 15 escape, but I know my 13 cmax will not display the olm . Period. You will get a pop up telling you oil change required within 100 mi.

Seems asinine. I mean, I drive over a hundred miles per day. Good thing I don't feel too much of a slave to an oil change, but still. I wouldn't care for it to pop up in the morning, a mile from my driveway--what would I need to do, stop at Jiffy Lube at lunchtime? for warranty purposes, hate for it to record that I was not diligent in being on top of oil changes.

Agree- I frequently do 600-700 mile trips, and I want to know the condition in advance rather than be surprised a few miles down the road.

Hence the need for some UOAs, since for whatever reason the % remaining feature isn't available on your vehicle.

In fact I do have a few UOA on this vehicle, and I have one sent in that I am waiting for results.

Last edited:

Instructions
Left arrow

Thanks, I am going to give this a try shortly. It is past 1 am but this has really been bothering me.

OK, I tried it, there is no "oil life reset" option. I forgot to mention that at least for this 2017 Escape, it requires holding down the brake and gas pedal at the same time for 20 seconds.

Instructions
Left arrow

OK, I tried it, there is no "oil life reset" option. I forgot to mention that at least for this 2017 Escape, it requires holding down the brake and gas pedal at the same time for 20 seconds.

CRAP NUTZ !@#$!@#$!@#$ - This seems to explain the inconsistent behavior- apparently I never found this before in all my searching- can anybody confirm this ?

Oil Change Indicator Reset Procedure - 2017 Ford Escape
oemdtc February 26, 2018 Info
SSM 47108 - 2017 Escape - Oil Change Indicator Reset Procedure

2017 Escape vehicles built on or before 18-May-2017 are not equipped with an instrument cluster that can reset the oil change indicator.

2017 Escape vehicles built on or before 18-May-2017 must use the oil change indicator reset procedure outlined in Work Shop Manual (WSM) section 413-01 under general procedures.

2017 Escape vehicles built after 18-May-2017 have the ability to reset the oil minder through the cluster using the oil change indicator reset procedure listed in the owners guide. (implies the owners manual is wrong)

https://ford.oemdtc.com/3467/oil-change-indicator-reset-procedure-2017-ford-escape

When I bought my Ford Fiesta in 2013 the owners manual specified a 10,000 oil change interval. The oil change light came on at 5,000 miles. The dealer had been dunning me for oil changes before that. I did change the oil at about 1000 miles.

I think I changed the oil at 8000 miles and I did have the oil analyzed. I base my oil change interval based on the results of the oil analysis and partly on their recommendations.

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
wonder if the focus does the same thing, beings its practically the same vehicle and all.

I found mention of 2015 Mustangs having an issue where the OLM triggers way too soon. A reflash / update addresses the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back