How would you fix this cracked frame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by spasm3
I hope that panel is thick enough. What gauge did you use?

I used 1/8 in. The rear portion of the frame measured out to 1/8 and from what i read there was no need to go thicker than the actual frame thickness in order to help retain the minimal flexibility of the frame.

Originally Posted by joegreen

I used 1/8 in. The rear portion of the frame measured out to 1/8 and from what i read there was no need to go thicker than the actual frame thickness in order to help retain the minimal flexibility of the frame.

It does look good! nice work! Did you plate both sides?

Looks good
thumbsup2.gif

I hope it holds up
smile.gif

You should spray Krown or other oil spray of your choice

It does look good! nice work! Did you plate both sides?

I did not plate both sides. I would have had to weld looking upside down over the c channel which i felt would have been difficult and the welding quality would have gone down hill. I did add a reinforcing strap to the top and bottom of the channel where it's in compression and tension to help alleviate any cracks that might want to start.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Looks good
thumbsup2.gif

I hope it holds up
smile.gif

You should spray Krown or other oil spray of your choice

Yes i plan on putting my homemade undercoating back on. I was impressed with how well it held up over the last couple years.

I did not plate both sides. I would have had to weld looking upside down over the c channel which i felt would have been difficult and the welding quality would have gone down hill. I did add a reinforcing strap to the top and bottom of the channel where it's in compression and tension to help alleviate any cracks that might want to start.

thumbsup2.gif

Also replaced the rusted exhaust. It was an aluminized exhaust i stuck on and it didn't last very long. Now i put a stainless exhaust on from an 09 Tacoma. Included a shot of the old exhaust. I know they are fun to look at.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back