AAP Platinum pads bad hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a July 4th brake job on my Accord. Outgoing pads were AAP Platinums and new pads were the same. Everything went well except the new hardware looked different than the old ones. They required bending and force to properly fit. I went out for a test drive after the install and heard scraping when making turns. Rechecked my work and made sure the rotor shields weren't bent, which they weren't. Drove again and the scraping was still there. Went back and pulled out the new hardware and reinstalled the old ones after cleaning up the rust. Drove again and the noise was gone.

I guess the manufacturer of these pads changed over the last 7 yrs and they messed up the hardware fitment for this application.

This is why I don't like house brand brake pads. You never know who makes
crazy2.gif

Well, you did check them before install and detected a difference. At that point it would be back to AAP, take the inconvenience hit...[censored] to Marvin the register guy....enough said.

Originally Posted by mclasser
I did a July 4th brake job on my Accord. Outgoing pads were AAP Platinums and new pads were the same. Everything went well except the new hardware looked different than the old ones. They required bending and force to properly fit. I went out for a test drive after the install and heard scraping when making turns. Rechecked my work and made sure the rotor shields weren't bent, which they weren't. Drove again and the scraping was still there. Went back and pulled out the new hardware and reinstalled the old ones after cleaning up the rust. Drove again and the noise was gone.

I guess the manufacturer of these pads changed over the last 7 yrs and they messed up the hardware fitment for this application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back