Tried and Liked: Bendix copper-free axle packs, pads, rotors, hardware

A while back I looked for the cheapest not horrible rotors and pads I could find on RockAuto for my Navigator. The rotors still appeared to be the factory ones, or at least they were labeled FoMoCo, and I know from the Carfax when I bought this vehicle that they were turned at the dealer around 80,000 miles.

Of course RockAuto had lots of options. The least expensive ones that were still a sort of a well known name when looking at pads and rotors was Bendix at that time. So I bit the bullet and purchased them.

Unfortunately had to have my BIL mechanic change them because I broke my leg around the time I was going to replace the brakes. BIL has a used car lot, so he's got a mechanic he really likes that does a great job.

So this was around 5 months ago, and I didn't want to say anything when they were new, but these brakes have been great so far. I've got several thousand miles on them now and they get hard usage in a vehicle that weighs over 6000 lbs dry. No fading when hot, no warping with the attendant steering wheel pulsation, minimal brake dust. I really was unsure buying these because you never know anymore what's going to be good, brands that were MUSA and good in the past are no longer a safe bet. Well, these have exceeded expectation. I paid around $200 for pads, rotors and hardware all the way around. Really happy with my purchase. For whatever it's worth.

A while back I looked for the cheapest not horrible rotors and pads I could find on RockAuto for my Navigator. The rotors still appeared to be the factory ones, or at least they were labeled FoMoCo, and I know from the Carfax when I bought this vehicle that they were turned at the dealer around 80,000 miles.

Of course RockAuto had lots of options. The least expensive ones that were still a sort of a well known name when looking at pads and rotors was Bendix at that time. So I bit the bullet and purchased them.

Unfortunately had to have my BIL mechanic change them because I broke my leg around the time I was going to replace the brakes. BIL has a used car lot, so he's got a mechanic he really likes that does a great job.

So this was around 5 months ago, and I didn't want to say anything when they were new, but these brakes have been great so far. I've got several thousand miles on them now and they get hard usage in a vehicle that weighs over 6000 lbs dry. No fading when hot, no warping with the attendant steering wheel pulsation, minimal brake dust. I really was unsure buying these because you never know anymore what's going to be good, brands that were MUSA and good in the past are no longer a safe bet. Well, these have exceeded expectation. I paid around $200 for pads, rotors and hardware all the way around. Really happy with my purchase. For whatever it's worth.
Wow!! That's reasonable!!
{I have a set of those pads coming for the rear of my Grand Prix SE}

Back