Wearcheck's gone high tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while since I've used their UOA services. They now have a mobile app and use QR codes to allow you to track your samples through the submission/evaluation process, including access to results. Might be useful if you manage a fleet of vehicles/machines and do analysis often.

Alas, their pricing has gone up in recent years, so I'm not sure that I'll be using their services again.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Horizon/Polaris/OAI has had the same technology for a while now (including mobile app) and a UOA (purchased via Amsoil) is $20.50 and includes TBN.

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
Horizon/Polaris/OAI has had the same technology for a while now (including mobile app) and a UOA (purchased via Amsoil) is $20.50 and includes TBN.

Does this include shipping of the sample container to you? Do you have to buy into some Amsoil membership to get this price?

Wearcheck charges $35 for their MOB2 analysis which includes TBN and TAN, but there is also an additional charge to ship the sample kit to you, which was $11 in my case. They overnighted it by UPS, although I did not ask for it. Maybe if I had asked for some slower shipping method, it woukd have been cheaper.

Originally Posted by jbutch
How much is it for a sample analysis now?

Normally around what a jug of synthetic oil costs at Walmart

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by 2015_PSD

Does this include shipping of the sample container to you? Do you have to buy into some Amsoil membership to get this price?

Wearcheck charges $35 for their MOB2 analysis which includes TBN and TAN, but there is also an additional charge to ship the sample kit to you, which was $11 in my case. They overnighted it by UPS, although I did not ask for it. Maybe if I had asked for some slower shipping method, it woukd have been cheaper.
You do have to be a member ($16 per year), but the cost difference on one UOA will essentially pay for it and if you buy more than one, you are ahead. There are shipping costs too, but I buy in bulk or pick up at the warehouse to defray, with that said, I see shipping costs as moot because most companies charge for it anyway.

I have tried 3 UOA companies--Blackstone (50+), Horizon/Polaris (20+), and Wearcheck (4). I prefer Horizon/Polaris due to overall quality, consistency, all applicable ASTM/ISO processes/certifications, cost, and convenience (there is a lab in Houston).

Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by jbutch
How much is it for a sample analysis now?

Normally around what a jug of synthetic oil costs at Walmart

My thoughts exactly. If one is not a fleet manager, why a UOA instead of an oil change? Is it just an OCD thing? Help me understand...

It's a hobby (although it's clear that many here don't yet realize that). If you don't like the hobby, you're on the wrong website. (-:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back