Broken Tube on Intake Resonator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Gebo
I was aiming on getting the screw part into the plastic part. And putting the barbed into the rubber hose.

I would use a dremel or grinder to get it smaller unless the thickness of the metal around the hole isn't much.

You mean make the hole in the plastic a little larger with the dremel?.

Originally Posted by Gebo
How do I make the hole in the plastic resonator larger? Here is a pic of the part that is slight too big.

[Linked Image]

Drill bit.

I'm afraid to take it back off as the big piece I broke may not sustain another removal. That was my first thought but I don't have enough room trying to drill it with the black plastic piece still in place.

Well, I had to take the resonator off and in the process broke the other inlet. I was able to drill out the hole and the brass thing will work in both holes. What glue would be best? Plastic to brass.

I have some unopened red locktite.

Last edited:
No, I cannot get to the backside. It goes into a box.

Wlll Loctite damage the plastic?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ABursell
Otherwise it will have to be some type of epoxy or maybe jb-weld type stuff.
+1
If you have to, drill out the hole just large enough so that you can thread it in, remove it, then reinstall it using JB Weld on the threads, then put JB Weld around the outside of it to reinforce the installation. Wait 24 hours for it to harden completely. That will make it a permanent repair that won't leak or break.

Last edited:
I'll try and get you pics of what I had to do. It's all good.

Last edited:
Well, I guess I'm too stupid to post pictures. I've posted many but now they are all converting into linked images.
33.gif

I put JB WELD around the clear tube to seal it. I also pushed the black hose all the way onto the clear plastic tube and clamped it with the silver clamp.

Thank all of your for your advice. Much appreciated!!!

Yes, I was working my blue checkered PJ's

That clear vinyl tubing really isn't suitable for underhood conditions. Why not use another brass nipple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back