Is it a good oil to use? Kendall full synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get my motor oil for free because it is old inventory and can't be sold anymore. It is kendall gt1 full synthetic API SM. The date on the back says Rev. 05-09/07. Does that mean it has been sitting for 12 years now or what? Is it safe to use? I have run it for 3000 miles and have changed it 4 times with the stuff already but I'm not sure if it's good for my engine. Is it good? Also, should I be worried about the study done by 540RAT? Will it hurt my engine or is it good for it?

371845AE-8E1B-4B1D-B4DE-5DD9B4754130.jpeg

AB3B0795-494A-4AEB-AF75-BCCE81BC11F2.jpeg

Shake it up and pour a qt into a clean container. If it looks okay then go for it. If you have a lot of it maybe doing a oil analysis might be something to consider.

I'm just wondering because I don't want to go buy something at Walmart or the auto store and spend the money if the Kendall is perfectly fine.

If your engine is spec'ed for 10w-30 SM oil, use it.
You could probably double your OCI.
Kendall is a sleeper oil, not really talked about, but it always has good UOA's.

I would use it in any of my vehicles in a heartbeat.

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe: Delo XLE 10W-30, OEM Filter, 3,000 mile OCI
2012 Scion xB: QSUD 5W-20, CarQuest Blue, 5,000 mile OCI
2007 Saturn Vue: Synpower 5w-30, Ecogard Synthetic, OLM
2002 Ford F150: Magnatec 5W-20, Bosch Distance +, 1 year OCI
1994 Honda VT1100c: Peak 15W-40, Bosch Distance +, 1 year OCI

If you're worried about it, send it to me and I'll test it all for you to verify!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NissanX
I have run it for 3000 miles and have changed it 4 times with the stuff already

Too late to ask now. If the product was bad, you've already done the damage.

My car is an 07 xterra and it specifies in the owners manual API SM. Is it good or did it hurt it? I will buy something else if I have to.

Might slightly depend on the car ( I wouldn't run it very long in a newer turbo) But for almost anything NA, it should be fine......

My car is an 07 xterra and it specifies in the owners manual API SM. Is it good or did it hurt it? I will buy something else if I have to.

You did no harm at all, it is a great oil for that engine.

Use it as long as you can and you will not have an oil related issue with that thing.

There are many here that would love a free supply of synthetic SM rate oil.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Unless you are financially stricken, donate the old oil to a Needy Center and take a ride to Walmart.

What the world??!!?
lol.gif

If your car specs SM that oil is fine....I've gotten very good UOAs on much older oil....

You are good to go with the factory recommended OCI.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Unless you are financially stricken, donate the old oil to a Needy Center and take a ride to Walmart.

What the world??!!?
lol.gif

This speaks volumes about the poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back