Ever Hear of Renken Filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing pricing. Anyone ever seen or use this brand?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

One Amazon listing indicated that maybe they are made by this company: zhoushan shenying filter manufacture co,ltd. It's anyone's guess about quality.

99% dirt removal from air such as pollen... oil filters is something I dont guess on.. not even on an old beater..

you can find oil filters at walmart for under $4 for most vehicles.

The supertech that fits the 2010 accent was around $2

I'd trust that over chinese private brand.

METAL END CAPS PROVIDE WEAR RESISTANCE???? (I laughed out loud)

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Originally Posted by Linctex
What is the country of origin?
Did you not read that description? 99% dirt removal power? LOL

Ya but how big is the dirt!
smile.gif

It's a Chinese company selling aftermarket filters to 3rd world countries. Looks like now they are in the North America market with Canada & US, via fulfilled by Amazon. Strange that the company is in China, but on their distribution map, China is not one of the countries that they sell in. They don't sell in Japan either. A few videos on youtube.com, where people cut them apart. But those guys didn't sound like they knew what they were talking about.

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/LbPfV6MGCAw?t=49[/video]

Originally Posted by Fifty150

I especially believed his expertise in oil filter reviews when he said he's seen cardboard center tubes in other brands - lol.

Looking at the oil filters on their website I posted, this is very bad. They brazenly copy virtually all makers filters. They even paint them to mimic OE. They are very industrious and appear to be able to copy any baseplate even the Toyota Japanese ones with the folded over tabs and the Mann with four holes.

Originally Posted by Fifty150
It's a Chinese company selling aftermarket filters to 3rd world countries. Looks like now they are in the North America market with Canada & US, via fulfilled by Amazon. Strange that the company is in China, but on their distribution map, China is not one of the countries that they sell in. They don't sell in Japan either. A few videos on youtube.com, where people cut them apart. But those guys didn't sound like they knew what they were talking about.

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/LbPfV6MGCAw?t=49[/video]

They're probably not sold in china because even they know the filters are trash!

Originally Posted by BigMoneyGrip
Fifty150 said:
They're probably not sold in china because even they know the filters are trash!

I want to believe that China, like most modern countries, have some sort of standard as to what is acceptable for the consumer marketplace. Companies whom have profited from products which hurt the Chinese consumer? That penalty is death. Counterfeit baby formula, counterfeit medication, tainted food products.......all of those companies' owners were sentenced to death. The head of China's Food & Drug Administration equivalent was also sentenced to death. White collar criminals who steal from Chinese citizens are sentenced to death. Corrupt government officials are sentenced to death. The Chinese are very efficient with capital punishment. Maybe the owner of this filter company would rather sell his filters to other markets, rather than risk death.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
I especially believed his expertise in oil filter reviews when he said he's seen cardboard center tubes in other brands - lol.

Here's one.
lol.gif

[Linked Image]

Amazon had a coupon for $1 off. Won't know how well they will work. If my engine seizes, we'll know it failed. Can't be worse than the typical Jiffy Lube filter, Supertech, or Fram. Should be sufficient for 5,000 miles or 1 year.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back