This is how a cartridge filter should be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you believe all cartridge filters should be made like the Mobil 1 that Champion Labs makes?

How is a Mobil 1 M1C-456A better than Mopar MO-349, a Napa Gold 100010 or a FRAM TG11665??? Because I've used all of them with no difference in oil pressure or how they looked when removed from various Dodge 3.6's.

I can't say how well they'd perform compared to the Mopar OE or Fram Ultra, both of which I've used w/o issue. They do however appear to be well made.

Originally Posted by Pinoak
M1 made by champion labs. Made the way any cartridge filter ought to be made.

Yes but then they have to charge you double or triple for the other missing parts in this filter picture.

Cartridge filter question.jpg

Originally Posted by oldhp
How is a Mobil 1 M1C-456A better than Mopar MO-349, a Napa Gold 100010 or a FRAM TG11665??? Because I've used all of them with no difference in oil pressure or how they looked when removed from various Dodge 3.6's.

I've used 4-5 different models on my Toyota and they all looked great. They can't get away with shoddy builds when you have easy access to examine the entire filter.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Are pre-buckled pleats more resistant to tearing?

They are not owned by Purolator or Mann, so yes
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Purflux is the way cartridge filters should be made! The wavy pleats may work well against buckling
smile.gif

Well can't argue with that.

Looks like a good filter. I just bought 3 Mobil 1 filters with the hot rebate they have going on right now. I have used Mobil 1 filters before and they seem to be high quality.

Similar to the Toyota TRD cartridge without the full synthetic media. Made by same folks, looks well made. Do all M1 cartridges use this construction?

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Similar to the Toyota TRD cartridge without the full synthetic media. Made by same folks, looks well made. Do all M1 cartridges use this construction?

I really don't know if m1 makes all their cartridges the same. The ones I've seen are all similar.

Originally Posted by wwillson
Why do you believe all cartridge filters should be made like the Mobil 1 that Champion Labs makes?

Because it's made with a good strong efficient media, glued well into metal end caps. Has a good silicon seal around the center tube ends.
I included a pic above.

Originally Posted by IndyFan
When the M1C-456A is $3.99 on clearance at Walmart, then yeah, they all should be that way.

4/M1C-456A for $15.99 on E-Bay + Free Shipping

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Purflux is the way cartridge filters should be made! The wavy pleats may work well against buckling
smile.gif

Any source for PurFlux in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back