Milwaukee Cordless Mower

Status
Not open for further replies.
google has nothing, The dewalt one was on clearance last fall. I almost picked one up just for the 10min of trimming I do around the home. I have 2 non-functional trimming mowers right now, but one is an easy fix.

I've been researching mowers as my younger sister lives in my old house and will need one within a week or two.

I have seen no info on a Milwaukee mower.
The Dewalt mower might sound intriguing because of the battery situation, but it's a dud from what I've read.
Actually, the Dewalt runs on 2 batteries at the same time and they need to be evenly charged.

Ego makes the best battery powered mower in my research.
If I was to buy a cordless mower for my old house, it'd be this:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-21-...attery-Charger-Included-LM2101/206515766

It takes about 50 minutes to mow the lawn at my old house using a very powerful Duraforce 2-stroke Lawn-Boy. I might give her my old Lawn-Boy.

The run time on battery powered mowers goes down as they age and a new battery alone cost more than a cheap gas mower.

Stihl RMA 510. I just got one last year for use at the cabin, and I cannot believe the performance. I used to be a "gasoline" guy exclusively, but this new electric stuff has me more than impressed.

My dad absolutely loves his Stihl mower, and we got him the trimmer for his bday last year. Auto detects current need to save battery, or chose one of 5 power levels. My dad leaves it on power 2 and has enough reserve for 4 front and rear mows, although the property size is only 50x110.

Mikita, Ryobi, Black and Decker, and Dewalt, have one, so I imagine Milwaukee might have one soon.

Others from a simple search are Kobalt, Greenworks, Snapper, Worx, EGO, Sun Joe, Cub Cadet, Poulan, Lawnmaster, and Husqvarna.

It's interesting that there are recognizable brand names that are traditionally power tool brands, yard maintenance brands, and also new kids on the block.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by skyactiv

The run time on battery powered mowers goes down as they age and a new battery alone cost more than a cheap gas mower.

This is very true. I have a battery powered leaf blower for drying the car, but a gas one for real work. Wouldn't want to count on gas.

My father has a really cheap 20 or 21" gas mover for doing some trimming jobs at their mountain house, which gets the bulk of the yard done with a riding mower. He bought a battery one for fun to experiment with. His update was that it's alot heavier and he somehow hurt his shoulder (despite not having to pull start)

The Chinese masses don't have many lawns to try this out on.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Trav
The Chinese masses don't have many lawns to try this out on.
lol.gif

True … but I've never seen anything close for air pollution …
(actually you can't see it until you're close) …

While the reduction in runtime over time is real, it's not a huge factor, it's very slow, and you can simply buy a new battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back