Why does this board constantly log me off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get logged off every 60 seconds it seems sometimes.

NO OTHER internet forum in the entire WWW does that.

What's the deal with BITOG?? Worried about "Russian collusion" or something?!?!?

I can stay logged in for weeks and never get automatically logged off. Lintex, what are you using to browse with? I'm assuming you check the box that says "remember me".

Originally Posted by Linctex
I get logged off every 60 seconds it seems sometimes.

NO OTHER internet forum in the entire WWW does that.

What's the deal with BITOG?? Worried about "Russian collusion" or something?!?!?

It might be because you dont change your oil as frequently as you should!
They are watching you.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
I can stay logged in for weeks and never get automatically logged off.

Same here. Check your cookie settings. Assuming you haven't blocked Bob's cookies, do this:
-Log off BITOG
-Edit cookies and delete all the ones containing bobistheoilguy. Instructions vary by browser.
-Now log back on
See if that helps.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
I get logged off probably once a week.

Doesn't bother me.

I clear things out daily anyway … And log into several sites daily …
It's a good way to remember user names and password

Doesn't bother me.

Same here. I'm 100% confident this is done intentionally by the site too 'cause I get logged out of my work computer, laptop at home, and phone on the same day.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson

Doesn't bother me.

Same here. I'm 100% confident this is done intentionally by the site too 'cause I get logged out of my work computer, laptop at home, and phone on the same day.

I've noticed that too--seems random when I'll be logged out. Not biggie, other than many times it'll mark all forums as read--I won't know what I haven't read. That is the only annoyance I have.

I stay logged in for weeks and then I will get randomly logged off. Also if I clear my cookies I will get logged out unless I put an exception into ccleaner to keep the Bob cookie.

Originally Posted by supton
Not biggie, other than many times it'll mark all forums as read--I won't know what I haven't read. That is the only annoyance I have.

This forum's software has a stupid idea of what is read vs unread. It bases it on when you visit, not if you have read anything.

Hi.
It logs me off too. I blame Brexit.
smile.gif

Nothing works....

I sometimes get spit off after only 30 seconds.

I really hate how this board is run (technically) - there's no call for it.

Nothing works....

I've been on for the last week on multiple devices and it hasn't logged me off. Maybe something with your device deleting the cookies or something?

Originally Posted by StevieC
Nothing works....

I've been on for the last week on multiple devices and it hasn't logged me off. Maybe something with your device deleting the cookies or something?

Yep, it's not the board ... it's something on Linctex's end.

Been on BITOG for 6 years most days, it doesn't act weird or randomly log me off more than once a week.

It's your devices/network.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by JustinH
Yall don't have Lastpass or chrome auto fill for everything?

Lastpass is the ______!
thumbsup2.gif

SteveC, sorry to go in a different direction with this thread, but I just noticed your signatue, and it actually made me LOL!
lol.gif

I'm referring to the part that states;
There is no such thing as "lifetime" fluids!
mad.gif

Did you have to find this out the hard way?
27.gif

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
This forum's software has a stupid idea of what is read vs unread. It bases it on when you visit, not if you have read anything.

I think I've got that one figured out. If I go to a subforum, like General and Off Topic, and I read two or three topics and leave, which I do most visits, all threads there end up being shown as read. Now, if I go to the Bicycles forum, which I rarely go to, it'll show every thread unread since my last specific visit to that subforum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back