Weird Emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting AOL/Verizon emails that read: "No Sender- No Subject - This message has no content 12/31/69"

Dozens

Any ideas what this could be? T-Mobile is my provider and wife's too but she does not receive these. [censored]??

Mark them as spam. Oh rather than give anyone your email other than friends get a junk Google mail and one you create it never use it.

Last edited:
Delete them and move on. Or, tell your email program / email provider that they are spam. Might take a bit before it 'learns' and starts auto-flagging them.

Think that's bad, I occassionally get emails from my deceased mother and neighbor. Who knows what is lurking behind those links I am asked to go to.

I think this is a glich on the system and doesn't have anything to do with spam just based on the date reference involved. It's a bad interaction between the server and the phone involving your time zone generating that date because of missing information and it creates a kind of loop. Sometimes you can't delete these and they'll keep popping up when you try to...You'd probably be able to fix it by reconfiguring your mail program or deleting the mail program and reinstalling.

Originally Posted by Vuflanovsky
I think this is a glich on the system and doesn't have anything to do with spam just based on the date reference involved. It's a bad interaction between the server and the phone involving your time zone generating that date because of missing information and it creates a kind of loop. Sometimes you can't delete these and they'll keep popping up when you try to...You'd probably be able to fix it by reconfiguring your mail program or deleting the mail program and reinstalling.

Exactly what happens when I try to delete. Could not mark it as spam because this "message" is invisible to that. Called T-Mobile and it appears to be fixed. Was ready to delete and reinstall the email program as next step

Thank you

Originally Posted by Lubener
Think that's bad, I occassionally get emails from my deceased mother and neighbor. Who knows what is lurking behind those links I am asked to go to.

This is interesting and right up my alley. Both of them are deceased? Did your mother ever meet this neighbor?
Depending on your two answers, I may take this off-topic conversation / exchange between you and I to Private Mail. Please reply and I will PM you afterwards.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by Lubener

This is interesting and right up my alley. Both of them are deceased? Did your mother ever meet this neighbor?
Depending on your two answers, I may take this off-topic conversation / exchange between you and I to Private Mail. Please reply and I will PM you afterwards.

yes and they corresponded between each other via email for years. My mother often sent me emails too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back