What happened to Mobil 1 ESP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by kschachn
The guy is a one-man menace who goes from thread to thread spewing this nonsense.

There's a few of them now, and they're more active than ever.

Originally Posted by kschachn
The guy is a one-man menace who goes from thread to thread spewing this nonsense.

Yes, this essentially sums up his "contribution" to the board. He's the anti-XOM shill, I hope he gets paid per post.

Originally Posted by Kamele0N
So then he is not allowed to have an opinion? Seriously?

It's the repetition; the regurgitative nature of the opining that leads to the perception that the primary contribution is this alone, and thus one of little value.

Originally Posted by Kamele0N
So then he is not allowed to have an opinion? Seriously?

Sure, okay. And I have mine. He's a menace that goes from thread to thread spewing nonsense.

LOL same thing different day! I'm used to it! M1 fanboys always get upset when someone doesn't agree with them...

More and more people are becoming aware and having issues with the holy "grail" of oils, M1. That is why more and more posts are being made and people are speaking out. I don't get paid by any oil company nor am I loyal to any one brand of oil but I can tell you after YEARS of building performance engines and some even competing in the likes of IMSA, the Rolex 24, 12 Hours of Sebring etc. M1 oils were not top choice and replaced rapidly with Castrol and other quality synthetics because oil related failures were in fact occurring with Mobil products. I know racing and $80k engines are a "whole nother world" but my sentiments and statements are NOT just rhetorical spewing regardless of what you "experts" want to say or think about me.

I'll continue to use my "inferior" SOPUS products and live happily ever after without ever buying another jug of over inflated M1
wink.gif

Originally Posted by racin4ds
LOL same thing different day! I'm used to it! M1 fanboys always get upset when someone doesn't agree with them... kinda reminds me of a certain political party and I'm not referring to elephants
wink.gif

More and more people are becoming aware and having issues with the holy "grail" of oils, M1. That is why more and more posts are being made and people are speaking out. I don't get paid by any oil company nor am I loyal to any one brand of oil but I can tell you after YEARS of building performance engines and some even competing in the likes of IMSA, the Rolex 24, 12 Hours of Sebring etc. M1 oils were not top choice and replaced rapidly with Castrol and other quality synthetics because oil related failures were in fact occurring with Mobil products. I know racing and $80k engines are a "whole nother world" but my sentiments and statements are NOT just rhetorical spewing regardless of what you "experts" want to say or think about me.

I'll continue to use my "inferior" SOPUS products and live happily ever after without ever buying another jug of over inflated M1
wink.gif

BLAH BLAH BLAH. GO WHINE SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

BTW … please post your race cars and team pics (not shifter karts please) …

Originally Posted by M3m3x5
Originally Posted by edyvw
It is discontinued, unfortunately. New stuff does not look that stout.

Yea, I stocked up on the ESP Formula, made in France stuff. When that runs out, I'm thinking of going with this Castrol

Here

Any comments on the Castrol?

Well their site calls it ESP Formula but shows 5-30 esp. [censored]? Then I put my MB CDI in and they say it "doesn't fit. The CDI engine requires 229.51.

Originally Posted by 4WD

Certainly wish I could, my pics were lost in a house fire, along with my PC and digital cameras. I'll gladly reach out to a couple of the guys I worked with and try to get you some pics though.

Feel free to Google PTG (prototype technology group) racing out of Winchester VA. Tom Milner owned the team for BMW North America. We had Boris Said, Bill Auberlen and Joey Hand as our drivers. I worked in the engine room for the #6 and #42 cars and was the air jack guy over the wall.

1364229255.jpg

bmwe36m3wf5.jpg

Originally Posted by edyvw

Drop in HTHS from 3.58 to 3.5. Ash going from 0.6 to 0.8, and flash point going from 254c to average 230c.
NOACK reportedly on old one was 5.6%, the new one? Who knows, but it is probably average for C3 category. Mobil1 0W40 FS also had increase in NOACK compared to previous VISOM base, so same is to be expected here.
Is new ESP good oil? Yeah. Is it better than average? probably not. The old one just had much better performance than other oils of same category.

Is the 'old one' the ESP Formula 5W30 that you're saying is discontinued? The old discontinued ESP Formula had VW 504/507, MB 229.51, Porsche C30, and BMW LL04 as shown in the user review images on this amazon pages https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LWUWP6O/ref=psdc_15719391_t1_B00IJP5972 but now currently on Mobil's website it is listed without VW 504/507, MB 229.51, Porsche C30 https://www.mobil.com/english-us/passenger-vehicle-lube/pds/glxxmobil-1-esp-formula-5w30 and with BMW LL04, but spec wise that is the old one? Any current availability is just old inventory being sold off?

The ESP Formula 5W30 currently posted isn't the 'new one' though, the new one being offered going forward is ESP 5W30 https://www.mobil.com/English-US/Passenger-Vehicle-Lube/pds/GLXXMobil-1-ESP-5W30 which earned the MB 229.52 but lost the BMW LL04 ? This is supposedly due to a change from Mobil's own visom group III+ base to a GTL group III (https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5025212/mobil-1-esp-5w30-noack-is-7-9 ; https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4877668/re-mobil-1-5w-30-esp-will-end) Going forward the NOACK is supposedly 7.9%, TBN 8.61, TAN 1.48.

When was ESP 5W30 released? I'm just now realizing that a lot of UOAs and discussion of ESP 5W30 probably refers to ESP formula 5W30 (like this VOA from 2007 https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1051856) I've gone through two cases of ESP 5W30 in 1 liter bottles, should I assume I got the ESP Formula?

Originally Posted by DallasTexas
I use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Euro for my CDI (OM648) engine and very pleased.

In our Cruze now ... but that stuff is gone from here so M1 0w40 on deck ...

Originally Posted by racin4ds
Originally Posted by 4WD

Certainly wish I could, my pics were lost in a house fire, along with my PC and digital cameras. I'll gladly reach out to a couple of the guys I worked with and try to get you some pics though.

Feel free to Google PTG (prototype technology group) racing out of Winchester VA. Tom Milner owned the team for BMW North America. We had Boris Said, Bill Auberlen and Joey Hand as our drivers. I worked in the engine room for the #6 and #42 cars and was the air jack guy over the wall.

thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

That E46 had a ringer of an engine !! Vrrooooommm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back