Dealer installed swirl marks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The car is getting micro scratches all over no matter how careful you wash it just from the environment. Granted they may not be swirls like those from a rotating machine but drive on a sandy road in the winter or wind blown sand and dirt and it makes a mess.
On a DD it doesn't disturb me but I can see it would for some people with nicer cars, I am just happy if its got no rust or dents and some paint left on it.

Originally Posted by Vikas
If the only thing which touches your car paint is soapy water and clean water, you get no swirls.

True, but in the real world, this is impossible. You'll always get some marring from the environment, from 'love touches' etc.. Heck, from the parking lots when other, careless, people rub up against the car, etc..

If we could guarantee that we were the only ones that ever touched the car, and only did so with the proper products, wouldn't it be nice? This is why the OP, many others on here, and I always insist the dealership does not wash our car while they have it. In the real world, however, we ultimately have only very limited control over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back