MMO corrosion prevention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
The only mystery about MMO is why it is revered by some individuals. Nothing but a light oil with a distinct smell. Overpriced and overrated.

OK, that wasn't too hard to find:

38 parts per million (ppm) Boron
- AW/EP agent, friction reducer, antioxidant

900 ppm Phosporous compound
- AW/EP agent

1/2% 1, 2 ortho-Dichlorobenzene
- EP agent as it interacts with Iron to form an Iron chloride barrier under any ZDDP or other AW additives. Also very good cleaner/solvent, and friction reducer

1/4% 1, 4 para-Dichlorobenzene
- EP agent as it interacts with Iron to form an Iron chloride barrier under any ZDDP or other AW additives. Also very good cleaner/solvent, and friction reducer

I see MolaKule Beat me to it!
I'd like to see some *real* (scientific method) type lab work on the stuff

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
The only mystery about MMO is why it is revered by some individuals. Nothing but a light oil with a distinct smell. Overpriced and overrated.

OK, that wasn't too hard to find:

38 parts per million (ppm) Boron
- AW/EP agent, friction reducer, antioxidant

900 ppm Phosporous compound
- AW/EP agent

1/2% 1, 2 ortho-Dichlorobenzene

1/4% 1, 4 para-Dichlorobenzene

I see MolaKule Beat me to it!
I'd like to see some *real* (scientific method) type lab work on the stuff

We found no Boron in MMO and the last two items in the above list are totally incorrect.

The single dichlorobenzene marker we found is simply a strong solvent and decabonizer.

MMO Laboratory Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back