Su-27 pushes away F-15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Cujet
I think that's part of the game. I'd like to think Western guys are a bit more professional than that, but knowing a bunch of our guys, they too often push the limits. Western pilots have their own intercept methodology.

I can say, without a doubt, that F-16's and F-15's intercept light aircraft who violate TFR's here in the USA, with rather aggressive tactics. I really do feel for the "dumb" Cessna 152 pilot who makes a mistake, as he will have his hands full remaining straight and level.

I'm here in South Florida during the presidential TFR's I've seen a few intercepts. They are impressive, incredibly loud, and designed to get the attention of errant pilots.

Yep. The F-15s from Homestead are very fast to scramble...

IOW, these Russian pilots and their commanders were really relying upon the discretion and discipline of the American pilots. The Russians were in a tactically suicidal position.
Kind of like when Russian aircraft buzz American naval vessels that could easily take them out.
These games are a little silly, since at some point someone is going to give a command to engage and it's not as though Russian forces are in a position to fight anything short of a nuclear war with those of the US. Heck, even the Afghans kicked them out of their country.
Are the Russians still abusing their aging Bears with Caribbean patrols, intended as no more than an insult to the US with zero strategic purpose?
Did Russia ever get their Venezuelan island air base? That would explain their adamant stance against any American interference in the troubled political affairs of Venezuela.
The new Cuba?

Typical Soviet style misbehavior. History is littered with similar incidents. (Chinese/NK/Russia/etc.)

Especially common of the NK. My feeling has always been that these bullies' superiors and government do nothing about it because the death of one of their men is a perfectly acceptable exchange in order to gain a political motive should the worst happen.

It Ain't Misbehavin because that is what fighter pilots do...

P51AintMisbehavin1.jpg

Sure, it's fun until someone runs across a destroyer captain who has a bad day and gives the command to fill the air full of lead, which will also take out any missiles that might get launched.
They've already been told this would be an acceptable response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back