Cleaning ‘Slime’ out of Wheel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it looked like a shoddy repair and he could have done a better job with the stitcher but that outer gray ring is part of the patch. Heres one found at home.

20190101_184452.jpg

20190101_184553.jpg

20190101_204356.jpg

Originally Posted by Black_Thunder
I agree it looked like a shoddy repair and he could have done a better job with the stitcher but that outer gray ring is part of the patch. Heres one found at home.

The one you have does not look anything like the one in the video. Are you watching on a phone, so can't really see the detail? Here's a couple of screen shots from the video.

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 7.18.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 7.29.25 PM.png

different brand patch, but i've had them wrinkle up like that before putting them on and then they don't even out properly around the edges, but the main part will adhere just fine, the material around the edges is pretty thin and flimsy

I loathe Slime in bike tires - and they didn't even take the time to scrub the tire with soap and water to get that stuff out.

It would have been easier and cheaper to fix it right the first time or start a warranty claim with Pirelli.

That Slime crap should not even be on the market for car tires. I had to deal with 4 tires once filled with it, and it goes everywhere when you break the beads. Water cleans it up the best off of the tires, and wheel, but when I did these it was -10 degrees outside. YUCK, and it won't fix a tire anyway.
And, in that tire repair video, it was a total train wreck in attempting to patch/plug a tire. There are several more steps to the process in the RMA procedure which you can look up. I've fixed hundreds of tires, and it is seldom easy. Try one at a 45+ degree angle with a worn off deck screw, or a bent nail. Good luck with that on the side of the road with a gummy worm plug kit. I hate fixing tires btw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back