FordTechMakuloco talks oil with a nice real world anecdote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by bfleeman
With only a $12-$15 difference, why settle for good enough when you can buy the best?

The best is a matter of opinion unfortunately. For me I'd rather save the $12-$15, and with rebates and occasional sales the difference is usually more than $12-$15. Having said that, people should buy what makes them sleep better, since finding the best is impossible.

With only a $12-$15 difference, why settle for good enough when you can buy the best?

"Best"?

Also, for full disclosure, I think it should be stated that Pennzoil is a Fordtechmakuloco sponsor. I'm for buying whatever gives you piece of mind. For me, when it comes to my daily driver, it's Amsoil SS.

We sure seem to have a lot of posters from Columbus Nebraska.

Good video that will no doubt cause many to be upset. Truth hurts.

So many things in life have a good/better/best decision option. However, if you pay the most, it won't always assure you of getting the price difference as increased tangible, measurable benefits.

Last edited:
Also, for full disclosure, I think it should be stated that Pennzoil is a Fordtechmakuloco sponsor. I'm for buying whatever gives you piece of mind. For me, when it comes to my daily driver, it's Amsoil SS.

Somehow I was going to guess that was the answer for "best".

Where can this information be found?
BTW, the oil used in the subject vehicle was Mobil1, not Pennzoil.

Last edited:

He mentioned Mobil 1 as well, and referenced off the shelf synthetics too. He didn't come across as pushing Pennzoil at all.

Well....."best" can be subjective.

Indeed. In fact, we rarely if ever see any technical evidence for anything being the "best".

So such comments are equivalent to me saying Valvoline is the best, right? I mean if I was just pulling stuff out of the air.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Well....."best" can be subjective.

Indeed. In fact, we rarely if ever see any technical evidence for anything being the "best".

So such comments are equivalent to me saying Valvoline is the best, right? I mean if I was just pulling stuff out of the air.

Best is what is best for YOUR vehicle with trial and error and/or UOA's. And, of course, what makes YOU feel best.

I watch his videos on YouTube and I don't even own a Ford.

Any oil (even dino) will keep things nice and clean with reasonable OCI's. My 2005 RSX is clean as a whistle with various brand oil at 170K miles.

Not the greatest example. 2015_PSD and I have proven as 5.4 3V owners that this engine is a complete sweetheart on engine oil and itself.

I am not saying he is wrong about Mobil. I am just saying that this hardly constitutes evidence.

I listened to it several times over. If he's not saying "We've got some cam lobe wear",then what exactly is he saying?

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I listened to it several times over. If he's not saying "We've got some cam lobe wear",then what exactly is he saying?

Does it really matter? It doesn't appear to have any significant wear anyhow...

Originally Posted by Patman
Does it really matter?

Absolutely it does! isn't that why we're here? Do gain and discuss knowledge lessening engine wear via motor oils.

The middle cam lobe looks like it has chunks taken out of the outer edge:

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 9.48.40 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back