better oil for less consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.
girlfriends 13 malibu 2.5 LS a DI engine was steadily consuming MORE oil about 1500 a qt with mobil I 10-30 so i tried lubro-moly 5-40 + its down a qt in a thousand miles!! i had used thicker oils in the past for thirsty engines but Pa winters requires at least a 10-30. her car drank the dexos spec xx-20 oil when newer. i was thinking a 15-40 but would it flow enough in colder weather, + even considering Redline REAL synthetic as it thickens LESS than typical FAKE group III "synthetics"

Originally Posted by benjy
... REAL synthetic as it thickens LESS than typical FAKE group III "synthetics"

smirk2.gif
Trolling.gif

Last edited:
girlfriends 13 malibu 2.5 LS a DI engine was steadily consuming MORE oil about 1500 a qt with mobil I 10-30 so i tried lubro-moly 5-40 + its down a qt in a thousand miles!! i had used thicker oils in the past for thirsty engines but Pa winters requires at least a 10-30. her car drank the dexos spec xx-20 oil when newer. i was thinking a 15-40 but would it flow enough in colder weather, + even considering Redline REAL synthetic as it thickens LESS than typical FAKE group III "synthetics"

Your post makes about the same sense as a two story outhouse.

Need more information-how many miles on the engine, any blue smoke on startup, excessive blowby, gaskets leaking? MaxLife red bottle syn blend has helped with oil burners & leakers for me, including my XJ-it's actually slowed my RMS leak enough that I haven't had to add oil between changes anymore. I'm not sure I would use syn on an oil burner, usually they go through it like water, and catalytic converter failure/plugging happens.

I'd try a 5w30 conventional like PYB, Castrol, QSGB, ST conventional etc....and see which one uses the least. At least it's cheaper to add a qt. if you have to.
I can't see using expensive synthetics in an oil burner...

Originally Posted by StevieC
... REAL synthetic as it thickens LESS than typical FAKE group III "synthetics"

smirk2.gif
Trolling.gif

...‚...‚...‚

One wonders if the other 1,100 posts like this one did not garner sufficient response when embedded within another thread.

Is there a question here? Are you asking if using Redline oil will reduce consumption?

All we need is Burla to make it complete. I'll call him... TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK goes the HEMI
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
All we need is Burla to make it complete. I'll call him... TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK goes the HEMI
crackmeup2.gif

No users were found matching that criteria.

Originally Posted by kschachn
crackmeup2.gif

Error 404?
lol.gif

Originally Posted by dave1251

I call top pot!

Originally Posted by kschachn
crackmeup2.gif

Just remember tick tick tick.

Another member of the 540 RAT club with capitalized words and exclamation points. There are a few of them here.

I am a ENGINEER!!!!!!

Originally Posted by RamFan

I call top pot!

Hey my 2 story outhouse works great!

5/30 Conventional, problem solved or better said you will have the least amount of oil consumption compared to what you have now.
Makes zero sense to use syn if you want to cut down on oil consumption.

Get a couple of gallons of Valvoline Maxlife 15w40 from walmart. You'll have 5 quarts for the oil change and 3 quarts for topping off.

What???? A two story outhouse is the only way to go. No splash that way.....

Originally Posted by Zee09

What???? A two story outhouse is the only way to go. No splash that way.....

Only for the person on top!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back