Donaldson Blackwing Filtering Ability?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done searches here and online, and don't see much info on this filter in terms of overall engine protection vs. a paper filter. The Donaldson Blackwing, with a "Synteq(tm)" synthetic oiled supposedly is supposedly more effective at filtering out dirt than the "cotton media"--while having superior air flow compared to paper.

It is cleanable, has a built in restriction gauge, and bolts on easily. I did purchase their cleaning/oiling kit (K&N cleaner/oiling kit not recommended).

I recently had one installed in my Corvette a few months ago. Seat of the pants, it does perform better than stock, but wondering how well it protects. Looking at it visually, prior to having it installed--I didn't see the pinholes that I've seen in cotton filters. That is why I've stayed away from K&N, as I don't like the idea of seeing open holes--just don't believe that an invisible, microscopic oil film, can actually catch dirt flowing through pin sized holes.

Any info on how well this filter performs? Too late, as I have it installed.

Karl

Donaldson is known for making quality products and I have heard alot of C5 owners are happy with it. What I would do is perform a oil analysis for $20 and see what your silicon count is and that will tell you for sure how well it is filtering.

Hi,

I have been using Donaldson "Synteq" air filters for about two years in my 12.7 litre Detroit Diesel powered trucks
They are excellent and their "double the life" promotion is justified in our case
I initially had some especially imported from the USA and they are now made here

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back