Amazon Prime delivering inside your house

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.gif

photo_2018-09-25_20-46-47.jpg

Originally Posted by spasm3
OP this looks like some kind of fantasy of yours.

My dreams have already been crushed, I'm married.
lol.gif

If it's an option for folks that want it then fine, but I wouldn't trust someone getting probably some low wage with access to my house regardless if they film it or not.

My porch is big and there is a camera at the front door watching because we get so many deliveries anyway.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by spasm3
OP this looks like some kind of fantasy of yours.

My dreams have already been crushed, I'm married.
lol.gif

That makes it .........Well, a good laugh, the original post that is.

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
Supposedly their is a guy going around my neighborhood taking packages off of front porches.

I lost a few, hence the cameras I mentioned. Haven't lost any since. Neighbours also lost and put up cameras and now they don't loose theirs. I think it's an opportunistic crime by someone not willing to risk getting caught on camera sort of thing. Not that Amazon cares. They always credited me back.

We do have a kid that comes around 5am on Wednesday mornings and tries the door handles on the cars but it's not every Wednesday morning so I have tried to be up when I can with my 12 gauge (unloaded though) to scare the crap out of him. He will try the neighbours car first always and I can see their car with my camera so I have time to run out before he gets to my car.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
A known fact that came out in the News this week Amazon knows they have some delivery people stealing packages and you want to trust them in your house?

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
A known fact that came out in the News this week Amazon knows they have some delivery people stealing packages and you want to trust them in your house?

Most of the time my Amazon packages will come UPS, sometimes they come Intelcom. Intelcom drivers actually take a picture of your front door area showing the package was delivered and you get it in an e-mail that says the package was delivered by them. My point is, how do we know they didn't take it from the door-step after the photo?

That said I was here on a Sunday when they came and it was just some ordinary guy in a Chevy van and it was full floor to ceiling in the trunk area with Amazon packages. So either he was really busy that day or he was going to have a great Christmas.
grin2.gif

Nah, no way. Luckily someone is at home about 90% of the time so only rarely does anything. Failing that at some point in the future, I can simply have the stuff sent to my work.

They will also deliver to your GM or Volvo vehicle equipped with OnStar, in select markets.

Big "nope" to that and to access to my house. Amazon has several locker locations near my house and on my commute and that's all the convenience I need.

Front porch is good enough for me, although our house is rarely locked anyways. In the winter to be nice to the delivery drivers, we put a box out of sight at the end of the driveway to put stuff in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back