Cars with fake exhaust tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Fake tips seem to be a big thing these days.

For sure, if the car doesn't come with these, in many cases the new owner will change the tips out at his/her own cost. Gotta have that cool and trendy looking vehicle so the Jones down the block do not think the owner is a loser who does not know better.

Fake exhaust tips are no different from other things done for purely aesthetic reasons... fake hood side scoops, trunk spoilers, etc. If it helps you love your car more, do it. Who am I to question you?

Originally Posted by camrydriver111
BMW may not be fake. I don't know if they do it for all models, but they use a butterfly valve in one of the exhaust tips that only opens at high rpm.

Oh I've seen it on multiple BMW products these days; I think the new Camry with quad exhaust pipes have 2 fake, or some sort of depending on the design

I do not know specifically who started the trend, but one of the first that I know was from Lexus IS F edition, those two vertically poised exhaust tips are fake

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Fake exhaust tips are no different from other things done for purely aesthetic reasons... fake hood side scoops, trunk spoilers, etc. If it helps you love your car more, do it. Who am I to question you?

I once had a ride in a '53 or '54 three-on-the-tree Plymouth, the owner and driver of which glued or screwed on an automatic-transmission gear indicator behind the steering wheel.

A shrink would have had a field day.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Fake exhaust tips are ridiculous once carbon residue builds up on the actual exhaust tip and the other one is still clean.

My new Camry has this. It has dual tips on one side. (2.5, 4-Cylinder). One is fake, and the other is real. Seems silly.

Don't you think anything with dual exhausts is kind of bogus unless it's a V motor with a true dual, H-pipe, or X-pipe system?

I remember the 6-cyl Camaros having a setup with a "dual" exhaust having a single muffler in the back and a pair of tips sticking out, back in the 80's. My current 5-cylinder Volvo has the same kind of phony design... Even if the tips aren't "fake" (ie exhaust come out of both of them) the portrayal of dual exhaust is bogus.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SirTanon
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Those things are comedic haha!
crackmeup2.gif

Yeah.. but could always be (much) worse...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh my goodness!
crazy2.gif
The funny thing is,that these people think it looks good haha!
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back