Automatic headlights not working after replacing bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replaced the low beams on my Pilot and now the automatic headlights don't work. They were working fine last night with the old bulbs. With the stalk set to AUTO, unlocking the car at night should turn on the headlights. Now, nothing. If I manually turn on the switch, they work fine.

IDK what I messed up just replacing some bulbs...

Last edited:
If you ran the battery down it could cause some weirdness. Charge the battery and check the owners manual about settings for the auto lights.

Depends upon just how "touchy" such a ckt is. You didn't state which bulb was replaced nor with which bulb you replaced it with. Further, you may have to 'reset' something to once again enable the function you now miss.

Like I said in the OP, it's the low beams. Old bulbs were factory H11 Osrams; new are H11 Philips Xtremevisions.

I didn't run down the battery. According to the manual, there are 2 fuses for the auto lights. I will check them out in the morning to see if something randomly blew.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Olas
Auto features encourage laziness. If they still work on the switch then turn them on/off as required.

Ridiculous.

First thing I would do is put the old bulbs back in, if they work its a compatibility issue if not something got buggered somewhere.

So the fuses looked good. I decided to reset the neg battery cable and it did the trick!

The owner's manual and FSM don't say anything about resetting the battery after replacing headlight bulbs. IDK what happened but all is well now
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: mclasser
Like I said in the OP, it's the low beams. Old bulbs were factory H11 Osrams; new are H11 Philips Xtremevisions.
I understood it was the low beams; I can read.

What you did not indicate was the second part of your post: Bulb type & brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back