Motorcraft Halogen bulbs

I finally had a a low beam headlight bulb fail on my 2015 Ford Fusion Titanium. Nine years and 135,xxx miles of service is beyond impressive! Does anyone know who manufactures these bulb for ford? I’d like to use the same bulbs (I’ll be changing all front end bulbs) without paying $40 a piece for them at the dealership. Thanks in advance!

Usually when you remove the bulb, you’ll see the real manufacturer printed on the bulb

My Cadillac came with Sylvania bulbs and my Camaro had Toshiba bulbs

Any idea what the color temp is?
There isn’t a big difference color wise than the basic bulb. I’ve used them before and you don’t get than annoying blue color.

Here's the Philips replacement.

Screenshot_20240201_190007_Chrome.jpg

i of course defer to bdcardinal b/c of his professional expertise w/ ford parts..
the last 9 vehicles my family(Parents and myself) has/have purchased, new and used, have been Fords.
when I've changed the factory bulbs in said Fords, they've been OSRAM. which is of course related to Sylvania.
and of course a lot of other parts are Bosch and/or Continental.

Sylvsnia Xtravision has a shorter lifespan than Sylvania Basic which is an OE replacement. I’d go with the Basics especially if it’s difficult to change.

Thanks for all of the replies, I appreciate it. I guess I’m looking for that sweet spot of color temp vs lifespan
The higher the color temperature, the lower the lifespan. Many people think that the Sylvania Silver Star is what they are looking for. They end up being disappointed with the lifespan and blue color. I wouldn’t go above the Sylvania Extra Vision or the Philips equivalent. I will see if I can find a chart for you.
Here is a chart that may help.

47B4440C-B7C2-4D90-9F5D-5C6D374DBFA6.jpg

The higher the color temperature, the lower the lifespan. Many people think that the Sylvania Silver Star is what they are looking for. They end up being disappointed with the lifespan and blue color. I wouldn’t go above the Sylvania Extra Vision or the Philips equivalent. I will see if I can find a chart for you.
Here is a chart that may help.

View attachment 201237
Several years ago I experimented with various halogen bulbs such is Philips HIR, Osram +30 and +50 and Sylvania silverstar (none had that silly blue tint)...all had noticeably shorter lifespan. I liked the Orsram +30 and Philips HIR the best, but I'm back to using stock bulbs, as replacing them all the time was a pain.

This is all great information and it’s appreciated. I’m not sure how to identify the Phillips “standard” bulbs

Easy, all the Phillips "standard" bulbs (oem type) are packaged in a yellow box or blister card. Go online to see examples

View attachment 201303
Thanks for that! I ordered all new bulbs for the headlights and fog lights, I don’t want to have to pull the front of this car off again for a very long time. Thanks again to all who responded, your knowledge and help are always greatly appreciated

Back