Keto Diet with Intermittent Fasting

I just started intermittent fasting. Going for a 10 hour window to start. Not doing keto but I have been watching carbs for a while.

Almost everyone does an intermittent fast. Mine is from 9pm until 5am. If my blood glucose is below 100, I eat a banana before I go to the gym.

Eat less, move more, and know how much and how to measure each and you can lose weight.

Someone mentioned plateaus. Here is a graph of my last 6 months since I was suspected of Type 2 Diabetes:

I'm averaging 1.7#/week FWIW. But some weeks are 0 and some are 7 pounds give or take...

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Almost everyone does an intermittent fast. Mine is from 9pm until 5am. If my blood glucose is below 100, I eat a banana before I go to the gym.

Eat less, move more, and know how much and how to measure each and you can lose weight.

Someone mentioned plateaus. Here is a graph of my last 6 months since I was suspected of Type 2 Diabetes:

I'm averaging 1.7#/week FWIW. But some weeks are 0 and some are 7 pounds give or take...
Supposedly you need to get your fast 12 or more hours to see bennies.

Yes you fast everyone does that's why it's called breakfast a 16 hr feed window is not IF

Right, because with an 8ish hour a night fast, I've only lost 47 pounds, fasting BG from 180 to the 80's range, and A1C from 7.3 to 5.4

I'm not saying don't do I.F. If it works, do it.

For me, simply paying attention to what I eat, maintaining a caloric deficit, I.E. eat less than I burn and limiting my daily carb consumption to under 203g/day, I've been able to do the above.

I was already exercising, so I didn't need to move more.

One cannot out work or outrun their fork.

Originally Posted By: dave123
Yes you fast everyone does that's why it's called breakfast a 16 hr feed window is not IF

01.gif

Right, because with an 8ish hour a night fast, I've only lost 47 pounds, fasting BG from 180 to the 80's range, and A1C from 7.3 to 5.4

For me, simply paying attention to what I eat, maintaining a caloric deficit, I.E. eat less than I burn and limiting my daily carb consumption to under 203g/day, I've been able to do the above.

Why 203g?

You mean guys who call out half truths, exaggerations and lies.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
JTK, for now... If the trolls start up again, I will disappear. No time for that nonsense with those folks.

Last edited:
Was first assigned 225g/day by my dietitian. After the losing 10% of my starting weight, I dropped my targets by 5% Did it again a few weeks ago as I'm close to having lost 20% of my starting weight. 225g*0.95*0.95 is 203

Originally Posted By: Reddy45

Why 203g?

Everyones Carb consumption limit is different for weight maintenance and gain. Mine happens to be really low I have found. Most likely because I'm insulin resistant because I was Type-II with an A1C in the 8's before starting this change.

Every food/nutrition related thread in here undoubtedly attracts the people who say "JUST WATCH WHAT YOU EAT, CALORIES IN-CALORIES OUT" and with that oversimplify any possible nutritional strategy anyone could have, attempting to debunk it. LOL.

It's like the threads started about a sport where the same old people come in every time and say "..something something overpaid" or "I hate this sport, I would never ever watch it".

Welcome back!

68 lbs is crazy - that’s wonderful!

Curious about your exercise level associated with the diet.

Stalling is to be expected if you’ve lost 68lbs, IMO. Retracing upwards as well.

What is a well informed (based upon body size/type/musculature) guesstimate of your ideal mass, and how far off are you?

About an hour of Cardio per day. Doesn't happen some days due to work etc. but most days.

I'm quite far from the ideal mass for my build/height. I carry it really well and although I'm a big guy naturally you would have no idea I still have 140lbs still to loose to be where I should be. Most people are shocked when they learn how heavy I am because I'm more solid than flabby sort of thing.

Most of this weight gain was in a year period when I spent recovering from a brutal back injury that left me unable to move much. It's been 4 years since then and I have tried various diets to remove this excess weight with mixed results until Keto.

Last edited:
Doctor approval but you gotta get heart rate out of comfort level if you can talk and have conversation that ain't gonna cut it.

Back