Car Recommendation: haul an electric scooter

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're looking for a new car for a family of 3. Two adults and one child (6yrs old). One of us has an electric scooter and i'm getting tired of breaking it down ever time we make a trip in the car.

Do the great people of BITOG have any recommendations on how to travel with an electric scooter? Ideally, I can drive up the scooter into the car under the scooter's power some how.

Maybe a CRV with a hitch and a platform on the back with a ramp? Or maybe an Odyessy and a ramp to drive it into the back?

Does anyone have any experience here? Or recommend another forum where I can ask?

Current cars: Civic (2010) and Altima (2005)
Price Range: 30K
Electric Scooter: pride go-go 3 wheel scooter (~100lb)

I would consider a minivan. The sliding doors provide great access. A lot of accessibility options can be had.

Definitely a van of some sort - that way the scooter is locked away securely, and out of the weather. Plus those carrier things hanging off the back of a vehicle are ugly!

I carry mine on the back of my Hyundai santafe sport with a hitch mounted carrier.
you never know it is there but you have to be carful backing up.

Stow and go option in Mopar minivans allows the back two rows of seats to go up and down easily (access to spare tire is horrible though!)which would make the in and out of a scooter easy-peezy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back