Do people buy from telemarketers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We get a huge amount of telemarketers calls at the shop. Does anybody fall for them? They must or they wouldn't stay in business. We get calls all day long about the credit card fees,google etc.

Heck no. The telemarketers get paid when someone answers and they resell your live contact number to other telemarketers.
Lather, rinse, repeat. Do not answer numbers you do not know, and block them if possible.
I hate telemarketers and spammers. There has to be a special place for them when they depart.

I don't pick up if I don't recognize the number.

I generally dislike ads. I like to watch youtube videos (often for the music while at work) and I've determined I will never buy a new Toyota ever again on the basis of them spamming every single video, sometimes multiple times. With the same video. Cookies for the fail on this one.

They are somehow spoofing local numbers now. I got a call and it said it was from our local autozone,even had the correct number show up. When I answered it I got a robot telling me that I needed to change the credit card reader.

I did buy cable/internet/phone for $99/month. They offered 1 year. I asked for 3 years nothing to loose and settled for 2.5 years. You can bargain with them and no skin off your back.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
I did buy cable/internet/phone for $99/month. They offered 1 year. I asked for 3 years nothing to loose and settled for 2.5 years. You can bargain with them and no skin off your back.

What company gave you 2-1/2 years?

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted By: madRiver

What company gave you 2-1/2 years?

Xfinity 5 years ago. Now I just have $80 /month internet(work from home) and $20 basic cable for wife.

Every now and then I pick up. Seem to recall speaking to a chimney sweep company, and somebody from the NRA. I then tell them no thanks and hang up. But I would bet there are a few people that would buy something from either of those two I spoke to.

Originally Posted By: RichR
My favorite was the guy with the Indian accent
calling to tell me my computer is infected.
That guy that says he works for Microsoft and tells you they see a problem with your computer.Sting him along. Act very,very ignorant of operating systems and keep having problems with his instructions. Tell him you are old and hearing is bad. Pretend to ask someone else around to help you and not understanding their instructions. He will finally wind up cussing you and calling you names in a language you don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back