Anger on BITOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been here for several years. I'm not the sharpest pencil or the brightest bulb but this is the only forum I follow. Several of you have sent me parts and PM'd me when I was in a jam and to you I feel like you are
a friend. Actually, I would love to meet several of you because of how you have treated me and my family. Good Men. Trav, demarpaint, Molakule, etc. There are others but I just wanna give you a few examples.

I don't understand why this forum has become more "angry" in the last few years. I am in no way perfect but I know how to forgive. My Father taught me such. Some mornings I get up to see what has gone on overnight and some of the posts really upset me. Why do we treat one another with such little respect? Disrespecting one another. Slicing and dicing. It is possible to disagree and still have a discussion, isn't it?

What I have concluded is angry people are angry because they haven't forgiven. They haven't forgiven their fathers, mothers, spouses, children, themselves, etc. This lack of unforgiveness will eat at you like a cancer. It will destroy your mind and your body and your relationships. It will cause you to lash out at innocent people.

I must admit, it took me a long time to figure this out. 35 years or so. I didn't understand the power of forgiveness. If you forgive those who have hurt you, it will truly set you free. Your mind will work differently, Your heart will respond differently. If you would only forgive, you could restore broken relationships and have true fellowship with others.

If this post has made you angry, well, to quote Jeff Foxworthy, "Show me a sign." Your anger is your sign.

Its the sign of the times==the anger part, and it could have to do with a younger crowd in here and how they were mentored as a kid...u know the crowd that got a trophy just for getting on a sports team,,,yep , that crowd...u know in some schools now a student can go and hug stuffed animal if he or she feels lonely or just upset...lol

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Some peoples definition of Anger is when someone tells you the truth and you just happen to disagree with it. Its a good denial tool!

We see it on the news all day long. Excellent point!

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Its the sign of the times==the anger part, and it could have to do with a younger crowd in here and how they were mentored as a kid...u know the crowd that got a trophy just for getting on a sports team,,,yep , that crowd...u know in some schools now a student can go and hug stuffed animal if he or she feels lonely or just upset...lol

Agreed. Some of us had weak Dads. We weren't taught how to be a man. Can end up being very confused and angry and not really know why.

Last edited:
It seems society thur media has gotten angrier. It's easy to be a tough guy behind a keyboard. Life is too short....take a chill pill, and don't sweat the same stuff.

The world's angry. I respect those who abide by the no R/S/P rules and the mods who have to step in for their thankless tasks. Anger may stem from those who "cheat" and get shown up. Why not just not go there?

Then again any 'net BBS is a microcosm of society, and society itself it getting angrier. We go online to escape for an hour... and it sucks to fall right back in.

You get someone who got their balls busted at work, then they feel they need to win an argument with an internet stranger. If they suck at arguing online, too, they're just gonna be an angry spirit.
laugh.gif

Some peoples definition of Anger is when someone tells you the truth and you just happen to disagree with it. Its a good denial tool!

This. Sad that disagreement is equated to hate these days....

Feel free to click the notify tab when you see a post that's out of line. If it becomes a pattern with that poster they won't be here long if they continue. Also pay attention to newer join dates since sometimes formerly banned members come back under a different username trying to stir things up.

I too have noticed the difference in members coming from other forums and bring their poor ways to our BITOG forum. I can hear the comments now!

Originally Posted By: Brigadier

This. Sad that disagreement is equated to hate these days....

Totally agreed! Simply disagreeing with someone shouldn't mean go get a gun! I have wildly differing political opinions within my family and yet we can still play in the pool and have fun at a Bar-B-Que.

Gebo,

Thanks for the post. It hits so many points of what happens on a lot of these boards. I was an active member elsewhere and some senior member of the board was being a moron with their attitude. I stopped being active on that site.

The members here that behave that way I don't even reply to those posts. Too bad we couldn't have some sort of member ranking by peers to see who the good guys are from the trolls.

Last edited:
The trend I always see is anger or arrogance towards new members asking an honest question. EVERYONE of us was new here at one time. People come here to enjoy the subject matter of motor oil,cars,etc. No question is a stupid question. We learn by asking questions. Yeah so what if it's been asked multiple times over the years. Data changes,products change,information changes,experience changes. Everything changes and evolves,and that aspect pertains to everything about life. If someone here doesn't like an amateurish question,don't click on said thread and go on about your business,it's simple as that.

Like this one?

Originally Posted By: CT8
Try a Xw-30 or40 oil. My Mom owned 2 high end Accuras really disgusting cars in my worthless opinion. Every time I drive them I felt like kicking in the dash board and setting the car on fire.

Quote:
Agreed. Some of us had weak Dads. We weren't taught how to be a man. Can end up being very confused and angry and not really know why.

Being taught to be a "man" is half the problem. Most of today's trivial and worldly problems are because of men and their ways. We accuse women of being emotional and flighty - look at us here. It must be a hoot for women visitors here to see how we go about discussing life's "important" problems.

On a positive note, I have noticed much more open discussion in the past half year after a few key problem makers were eliminated. People can now discuss television entertainment, junk food, and new car purchases on credit without the meddling self righteous component interfering as much.

GEBO, your next learning enhancement is to let trivial issues roll off your back like water on a duck. For me, that's developing in old age.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Like this one?

Originally Posted By: CT8
Try a Xw-30 or40 oil. My Mom owned 2 high end Accuras really disgusting cars in my worthless opinion. Every time I drive them I felt like kicking in the dash board and setting the car on fire.

Lots of things … exaggerated points in attempt to be seen as right or victorious … I buy something better than you therefore I am … Or yeah, how something gets used … take “LOL” for example … are they laughing at or with that member …?
If it is perceived to be “at” … anger sets in …

If someone asks which brand, which viscosity, or which drain interval, they will be getting 50 different answers from 50 angry people because each one of them knows that their answer has a snow ball's chance in [censored] of being utilized by the OP.

Human nature "Opinions are like rectums, everybody has one ... and if it's not yours, it stinks"

As Gebo says (alludes to), we should try to see and overcome our (base) human nature.

Many would call it civilized (civilized is a good place to start).
Forgiveness is a big step up from civilized.
If I'm civilized then you can live with me easier - if I'm forgiving then I can live with me easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back