Car Sales Scammers on Letgo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Letgo and have sold many things on it. Lately I have browsed vehicles often and noticed an obvious scam going on. This is what they do:
1. Advertise a very nice vehicle for a very low price between $1000-2000 dollars.
2. They usually use a foreign car in the ad or an American Pick Up truck.
3. They want to be contacted thru a gmail account and not thru the Letgo App.
4. They post the ad multiple times and often the city (location) of sale is different.
5. The user is not verified.

When I see these ads I flag them.

Last edited:
Do you think they are trying to get people to put deposits down to hold the "car" and then keeping them?
Just wondering what the actual scam here is, unless they are just trolling for valid email addresses.

It could be addresses or maybe they try to scam them into some deposit deal or something.

probably try to get them to send them money somehow.

There are whole towns that do these scams for a living.
Such as in Somalia

As they say "if it's too good not be true".......

They do the same thing on a lot of other sites. They are probably doing it one letgo, because it's a newer site and may not be able to spot scammers as quickly as some of the more established websites.

What kinda of lawn is that rover on?
Fancy, Fancy, don't think the rover is going anywhere
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: rollinpete
What kinda of lawn is that rover on?
Fancy, Fancy, don't think the rover is going anywhere
lol.gif

Somewhere in Europe.

I love the scam ads, they claim the car is in Phoenix and the house has vinyl siding, a lush green lawn and a forest of trees in the background.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
They seem even worse on craigslist....
ya especially there. I was looking for a tractor last year. Every tractor add I responded to was a scam. And not just the real cheap too good to be true ones either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back