BRAND NEW SUPERTECH SPOTTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our WallyWorld has an influx of the new bottles. No indication of Warren anything, other than the Dexos number.

There IS an imprinted number on the lower back side, W81057 plus the date/time is a pattern which I didn't find on any others (Chevron, Mobil, Pennzoil, QS, Castrol, etc)

Which now begs a question: Difference between Warren Oil Co. LLC, and Warren Distribution. They appear to be separate identities.

Originally Posted By: HouseTiger
Difference between Warren Oil Co. LLC, and Warren Distribution. They appear to be separate identities.

Yes, they are different companies

Warren Distribution aka WPP/WNE/WSE

Warren Oil aka Warren Unilube, Coastal

Someone on here contacted WPP and asked them if they are still supplying Walmart's ST, to which they answered yes. Even though the WPP mark no longer appears on the bottom of the jug, it is still WPP.

Bought a jug of ST 5w20 synthetic and noticed it doesn't have the Dexos designation on front of the bottle nor does it mention it on the back label.

413866790.jpg

413866789.jpg

Originally Posted By: 90Notch
Bought a jug of ST 5w20 synthetic and noticed it doesn't have the Dexos designation on front of the bottle nor does it mention it on the back label.

413866790.jpg

413866789.jpg

I believe only 0w20 and 5w30 are Dexos spec oils
smile.gif

Quote:
..... Someone on here contacted WPP and asked them if they are still supplying Walmart's ST, to which they answered yes. Even though the WPP mark no longer appears on the bottom of the jug, it is still WPP.

I contacted Warren Dist/WPP. by email, however I wouldn't call their response as a 'definitive yes' about ST in the new jug. They did mention that their imprinted logos WPP, WNE, WSE no longer appear on 'some' jugs. I was not able to pin them down to a yes or no answer and how to identify their manufacture of the ST oil in the new jugs. I would describe their response as vague at best.

As far as license numbers go, not familiar with how that goes as far as definitively identifying an oil manufacturer. Would like to see how that confirms manufacturer, especially on a new product like the 0w20 Syn.

That aside, if Warren Dist./Warren Performance is still blending ST oils, then IMO a poor corporate decision to remove their WPP, WNE, WSE logos from the bottom of the new jugs.

As for topic, I finally saw 0w20 ST Syn in the new jugs on local store shelves. Another WM not far didn't have it on the shelves.

Originally Posted By: car51

413866790.jpg

413866789.jpg

smile.gif

Correct, off memory, Mobil Super Syn and Castrol Edge are other 5W-20 that don't meet dexos.

Originally Posted By: wemay

smile.gif

Correct, off memory, Mobil Super Syn and Castrol Edge are other 5W-20 that don't meet dexos.

I do see a couple of types of Castrol Edge 5W20 on the d1G2 master list...but, that list also shows M1 0W30 AFE and I have yet to see that with a d1G2 logo or license in the wild. The d1G2 M1 0W20 AFE showed up rather quickly...anyway, there are so many types of Edge that I stopped trying to keep track of them.

https://www.centerforqa.com/dexos-brand2015/

As noted previously, this is the same dexos number as many other house brands produced by Warren. Here is the complete list. Apparently you can just take your pick from the house brands and still have the same oil.

For the Canadians, Canadian Tire’s Motomaster brand licence number are closely aligned with CItgo’s numbers. Some posters have mentioned Citgo makes Motomaster. Mystic products have also shown up at Canadian tire and are made by Citgo.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Is it expensive enough to be any good ?

Supertech has a unique program. You can opt to pay twice as much for it and choose to run it for twice the miles and pretend it gives you twice the protection. They send you a DVD with some commercials to make you feel good about spending twice as much. My favorite commercial on the DVD says they have "intelligent" bottles that pour oil for you and that all the molecules hold hands and say "Red rover red rover send THAT pisoton on over!"

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi

smile.gif

I do see a couple of types of Castrol Edge 5W20 on the d1G2 master list...but, that list also shows M1 0W30 AFE and I have yet to see that with a d1G2 logo or license in the wild. The d1G2 M1 0W20 AFE showed up rather quickly...anyway, there are so many types of Edge that I stopped trying to keep track of them.

Great point! Some just don't show it (to this day) on the bottles but the lic# is there. I should have remembered.

Bought a jug of ST 5w20 synthetic and noticed it doesn't have the Dexos designation on front of the bottle nor does it mention it on the back label. ...

smile.gif

I noticed the lack of Dexos marks on ST 5W-20 yesterday in Walmart. The same was also true of Castrol Magnetek (which in place of the Dexos mark has a note saying 0W-20 Magnetek should be used in GM cars specifying 5W-20.) However the nearby Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20 did bear Dexos labels--Gen2 on some bottles and plain Dexos on others.

... Correct, off memory, Mobil Super Syn and Castrol Edge are other 5W-20 that don't meet dexos.
Can't meet it, or don't pay GM for permission to advertise that they meet it?

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi

smile.gif

Virtus_Probi: I started a thread about M1 0w30 meeting DEXOS 1 at 2 Wal Marts of mine

I apologiz as they are only Dexos1

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: CR94
... Correct, off memory, Mobil Super Syn and Castrol Edge are other 5W-20 that don't meet dexos.
Can't meet it, or don't pay GM for permission to advertise that they meet it?

I know what you're saying but if there's no logo or license number, it doesn't meet spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back