BRAND NEW SUPERTECH SPOTTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: das_peikko
The old bottle is Citgo. The new bottle has that grip on it similar to the new Chevron bottles.
Not really... The old bottle is Warren Performance Products (WPP stamp on the bottom) and the grip is completely different on the new bottle, as compared to chevron/havoline, and is on the opposite side.

Originally Posted By: MedicRxDoc
The dexos1 license number comes back to Warren Distribution.
I guess we have a winner. Same distributor, just upgraded packaging, after many years of the silver bottle. Makes sense. I bet they changed up the oil completely too to comply with gen 2 dexos. "...for vehicles with longer drain intervals" as the bottle states.

Quick search turned this up, so I guess that answers the question of when they'll have a 0w-20

OK, Wal-Marts website shows SuperTech Full Synthetic High Mileage but states “in store purchase “. I have never seen it in a store in my state. Is it new? Has anyone else seen it?

Originally Posted By: Vlad_the_Russian
I guess we have a winner. Same distributor, just upgraded packaging, after many years of the silver bottle. Makes sense. I bet they changed up the oil completely too to comply with gen 2 dexos. "...for vehicles with longer drain intervals" as the bottle states.

Hmm.....if it's still Warren (makes sense)- it might be the same as MAG 1 now....
cool.gif

Think I might even give it a try...

I'm excited that ST will finally be offered in a 0w20 and complete with a D1G2 license. This should be a fantastic low cost option for any vehicle that specifies a 0w20 and potentially an upgrade for vehicles with less stringent requirements such as Toyota/Lexus that only call forAPI SN 0w20. When I finish my stash of sale/clearance 0w20/5w20 oils I will likely use this for customers oil changes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Great points FlyNavyP3. That will be a very good deal indeed for a 0w20 Dexos approved oil.

Originally Posted By: 03s
There are 22 with that License number.

All of which are "house brands" (Warren's specialty) except for Warren's Mag 1 which shares the same license number. Looks like Warren to me.

+1 : Exactly my initial thoughts !
Originally Posted By: bbhero
Boy o boy... I think Jimzz is on to something here. That could well be the case. That graphic does seem familiar to one from Mobil.

Originally Posted By: Vlad_the_Russian

Looks like they are getting in line with Pennzoil/Quaker State, changing all their bottles to the same color with just a different label and cap?

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Originally Posted By: 03s
There are 22 with that License number.

All of which are "house brands" (Warren's specialty) except for Warren's Mag 1 which shares the same license number. Looks like Warren to me.

Definitely Warren.

Just came from Walmart. $15.97 for all the new SuperTech synthetics. Amazing deal - about a $1.50 price drop. I did not buy any but did pick up the two remaining jugs of 5W20 conventional they had on the shelf for $8.98 each. My smalls stash is 6 jugs now. Will pick up a few jugs of the HM Supertech in 0W20 syn for my two Yaris's and a couple 5W30 HM syn for my Kia minivan.

Last edited:
Just saw the new High Mileage swill at the Mt. View, CA store. $15.something. Just need me an old car now...
But I did not see 10w30...
All good.

I think I may try this in my Genesis Coupe for the next oil change interval but I'm not sure I will be able to run it 10k though.

I purchase a jug and changed the oil on my Honda. The seal on the jug tore in an odd way unlike the Valvoline Sytnhetic High Mile I have been using. I will cut it out with a knife or scissors next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back