Champion of the Walmart Shelf! SuperTech vs QuakerState vs Valvoline

Last year was very challenging at the local Walmart. When you went in all the brands you wanted were not there and I dont like buying oil mail-order. However Walmart came out with shelves of blue bottle SuperTech. So I grabbed some and found it actually tested very well on par with Pennzoil. I tested the Advanced version, just sent out a UOA to Blackstone for Full Synthetic and have High Mileage loaded in.

Now it looks like Quaker State has thrown its hat in the ring with Ultimate Protection to rival the Walmart reining champion SuperTech Advanced! Valvoline brought out its dreadknought to battle it out on the shelves too!

I never thought it would get this exciting at Walmart!

Who will be the Walmart shelf champion?

View attachment 150741View attachment 150742View attachment 150743
Which ever is cheapest between ST and QS.
Valvoline was unfortunately sold to the Saudis and I’d rather walk than give them money. No more valvoline for me after I am done with my stash of Maxlife atf.

The local Walmart still carries this.

2E962C23-7B4E-445A-9C91-73922901F160.jpeg

i got the super tech regular 5w20 for my roommate's truck cuz he does not really care and we just need to change the oil with something new.... lol

My opinion… Valvoline isn’t in the same category as QS or Walmart ST oil. My personal opinion is based on historical observations across 45 years in the automotive (fleet) industry. I choose products that I’ve seen hold up in harsh conditions (law enforcement-first responder) without failures. As things change and improve with other products, the truth in witnessing the protection Valvoline (All Fleet 15-40) offered is comforting to me. Brand loyalty is definitely a deciding factor here. Not worth much to most consumers in this age but so be it. I’m old have earned my curmudgeon status….

Back