No real discussion, just wanted to brag a little

I’ve been having some issues with the exhaust phaser on my 2016 Tacoma 2.7 so the timing cover came off. I was pleased to see how clean everything is minus a couple spots where some varnish has built up. Truck has 150k on it. Minus the first 20k where I’d buy fancy penzoil ultra platinum 0w20 it’s been getting a consistent Kirkland 5w30. Sorry dudes, 5w30 is the superior weight 🙃 At 100k I ran a bottle of HPL flush w/kirkland, then ran an OCI of Redline 0w30. They say esters clean so that was my interpretation. My OCI has consistently been 5k give or take 500 miles. Needless to say I’m pretty happy about what I’m seeing. No before pics so I can’t say if my 100k “cleaning regimen” worked or not.

IMG_2777.jpeg
IMG_2792.jpeg

Looks decent.
I'm not familiar with those engines.
I see the main cam drives; that makes sense.
I also see a gear drive on the lower left, which appears to drive a chain on the lower right. What are those for?

It’s the secondary chain system that runs the balance shafts to smooth out secondary forces. I was looking at it thinking that the system looked more complicated than the primary chain system as well lol

Back