Smith & Wesson M&P Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do I edc one and have been for over two years. I use the Magguts +1 spring kit on the flush mag and the hyve+2 on the 8 rounder as my reload. I recommend using federal hst 124 gr standard pressure for defensive ammo, it is one of the best performing rounds from this 3 inch barrel.

I own two. I needed something a little thinner to carry when the G27 was too chubby for summer clothes. Purchased the .40 S&W caliber first and felt it was a little snappy for my liking. Ordered the 9mm during S&W's rebate program last spring. The 9 is now what I mainly carry when I reach for a Sheild. The 40 just sits in the safe.

I have the exact same holster. Not trying to hijack the man's thread, but how is your "stickiness" holding up? I like to put mine in the small of my back and I've been surprised at the amount of movement I get from the holster.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I do I edc one and have been for over two years. I use the Magguts +1 spring kit on the flush mag and the hyve+2 on the 8 rounder as my reload. I recommend using federal hst 124 gr standard pressure for defensive ammo, it is one of the best performing rounds from this 3 inch barrel.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

Pretty much the same setup for me. Sticky Holster, Magguts for the 7 round mag, 124 standard pressure Speer Gold dots, and 3 8 round mags. I did put an Apex sear on it as well as night sights. I love the gun.

Yep, I own a 9. Sweet little gun. Pretty accurate too. I am leaving mine bone stock except for a SS guide rod.

I may or may not carry one every day in a leather holster and like it very much. (depends on who is asking)

Originally Posted By: PW01
I ordered a Smith and Wesson M&P Shield 1.0 and should receive it mid-week. Any of you guys own one of these?

Which caliber did you order? I have a 9mm and .45 Shield. Both have been excellent but the 45 quickly became my favorite as it's more accurate and the recoil is easier on the hands.

Having shot most of the pistols in the class and owning a Kahr P9 for at least ten years . The Shields are the best in class, I'll shoot one whenever I have the chance.

Nice in hand feel and nice to shoot. Dry firing it seems like the trigger is gritty, but at the range it's never bothered me. Trigger is almost so light with little tactile feel, that it's easy to fire twice or inadvertently if you're used to firing a DA type handgun. I shot a Shield 9 right after a DAO gun and it was hard to change muscle memory. It's a different feel than SA 1911, revolver, etc.

But understand the muscle memory and the light trigger and it's a great shooting pistol.

I got the original version (hate the grip on the 2.0) with HiViz sights. I had to buy a California complaint one with the little pop up as that are hard to find with a thumb safety anymore

Had a Gen 1 in 9mm, the backup to my G43 that I EDC-never did fire it. Sold it recently to get a Gen 2 with CTC red laser for $329. I like the trigger a lot better and after knocking the texture of the grip down a tad it’s quite pleasant.

Originally Posted By: Mantooth
I have the exact same holster. Not trying to hijack the man's thread, but how is your "stickiness" holding up? I like to put mine in the small of my back and I've been surprised at the amount of movement I get from the holster.

I only use it for pocket carry, but it's showing some pretty heavy wear although it's all cosmetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back