Liqui moly engine flush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow the directions to a "t". Which probably means letting it idle with the flush for 10-15 mins. Then let the oil drain. DO NOT DRIVE WITH IT IN THE SUMP OR IDLE IT WITH THE FLUSH LONGER THAN IT SAYS TO. Do this and the car should be fine.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
What’s wrong with your Caprice. What are you trying to fix?

+1. Did you remove the valve cover and find a ton of sludge in the top end?

I've used the gunk motor flushes before I was a true BITOG member. I've also used MMO in the crankcase. I doubt you need it.

Do you have any pics of the sludge?

Last edited:
I haven't used it. I have used Gunk motor flush. If it makes you feel better go ahead and try it out.

I haven't tried the liqui moly but I do have experience with lubegard engine flush which I think actually works very well and is pretty gentle. Be careful if you do have a lot of sludge though, flushes can be dangerous!

Originally Posted By: JC1
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
What’s wrong with your Caprice. What are you trying to fix?

+1. Did you remove the valve cover and find a ton of sludge in the top end?

I've used the gunk motor flushes before I was a true BITOG member. I've also used MMO in the crankcase. I doubt you need it.

Do you have any pics of the sludge?

When I first got the car the valve covers were removed. It was disgusting. This was 9k mi ago. I did short 500 mi oci, then 1k oci, then 2k oci. Im currently on my first 3k oci.

I didn’t do an engine flush before because I was scared that some of that gunk would clog the oil pan screen creating a shot engine.

I hope my short ocis have cleaned the engine up some to be able to attempt an engine flush now.

This is from when I first got the car 9k mi ago
image_2.jpeg
[/img]
image_5.jpeg
[/img]

Last edited:
You could use LiquiMoly Engine Flush, or you could use something a lot more effective for the same money.
Buy 2 quarts of MMO from WalMart, and add half a bottle to your crancase. Check your oil - MMO will burn off within 100 miles or so. At that point add the other half of the bottle. Once that burns off add 1/2 of the second quart of MMO. Again, once it burns off add the remaining 1/2 a quart to the crankcase and change your oil at your normal intervals. Adding .5qt of MMO to the crakcase every OCI would be a good idea to get things clean. Once all is nice and shiny - you can stick to oil alone, or keep using oil+MMO for preventive maintenance. Best thing about MMO is that it is gentle and effective.

With that much build up be careful not to be too aggressive with flushing, as pieces will break off into the sump and clog your pickup tube. Slow and steady with short OCI’s and perhaps MMO like someone mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back