Pennzoil Euro OW-40 - Why Is it Being Clearanced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 4WD
Yeah … BMW is a high percentage of yada yada here but 2% of US car market, and how many of those drivers change their own oil? They are just not Tribol like our members
wink.gif

How many people use Castol 0W40 in their non BMWs? How many people stopped using Mobil1 0W40 when it lost LL-01 certification? If given the choice between three Euro oils, all 0W40, why would you not choose the one with the most certifications, regardless of make?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: Egg_Head
Pure speculation here; perhaps WM has determined through sales data they don't need 3 euro spec'd oils and took out the lowest selling SKU.
I am thinking the same. With M1 and Castrol there and M1 priced lower, low sales are likely a contributing factor.

Could it be the manufacturer reducing production to allow production capacity for the ever growing range of thinner oils ?

I've grabbed a bit of it myself. Two jugs PP 0W-40 at $21 (used rebate), two jugs at $13, and another two at $8! My Z and VQ van do great on 0W-40, so I'm set for awhile. No complaints here.

Originally Posted By: NGRhodes
Pure speculation here; perhaps WM has determined through sales data they don't need 3 euro spec'd oils and took out the lowest selling SKU.
I am thinking the same. With M1 and Castrol there and M1 priced lower, low sales are likely a contributing factor.
Could it be the manufacturer reducing production to allow production capacity for the ever growing range of thinner oils ?
With so many MB/BMW/Audi/Porsche cars on the road, I have to think that 0W-40 will be around for quite some time. I wonder if SOPUS was not able to complete with XOM and BP?

Originally Posted By: NGRhodes
With so many MB/BMW/Audi/Porsche cars on the road, I have to think that 0W-40 will be around for quite some time. I wonder if SOPUS was not able to complete with XOM and BP?

There is still 5W-40 which is suitable for most of the world which have the German manufacturers approvals.

Probably just wasn't selling compared to M1, but it may very well be back.

For the longest time, my local store did not carry Castrol 0w40. In fact, I only knew of 1 store that did and it was 30 miles away. My store began to carry it and ditched it less than a year later. It's back as well as 5w40 in the 5 quart jug form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back