0w-40 Supercar vs Euro in Tahoe

I have a 2013 Chevrolet Tahoe and I’ve done an AFM delete on it. I previously asked here about 0w-40 oil as that is what the performance shop who did it told me to put in. I asked them Euro formula or supercar and they told me they were the same thing. Looking through this forum, they clearly are not and I believe I should be using the supercar formula as it has the dexos approval. Would European or supercar be better and why?

I have a 2013 Chevrolet Tahoe and I’ve done an AFM delete on it. I previously asked here about 0w-40 oil as that is what the performance shop who did it told me to put in. I asked them Euro formula or supercar and they told me they were the same thing. Looking through this forum, they clearly are not and I believe I should be using the supercar formula as it has the dexos approval. Would European or supercar be better and why?
In 0W40 from HPL, they are the same oil. If you look at the product data sheets, you’ll see identical parameters.

What brand(s) are you looking at?

Like Astro said, the HPL 5w40 Euro and the 0w40 SuperCar are practically the same from an additive perspective. Only real different is the winter grade.

What brand(s) are you looking at?

Like Astro said, the HPL 5w40 Euro and the 0w40 SuperCar are practically the same from an additive perspective. Only real different is the winter grade.
Mobil 1. That’s good information. The info I found was that the supercar would be better for my Tahoe because of Dexos and the supercar had less things that would clog up my cat.

In 0W40 from HPL, they are the same oil. If you look at the product data sheets, you’ll see identical parameters.
Thank you for this info! I was reading on here that the supercar had less things that would clog up my cat and it needed to be dexos. I just want to make sure I’m taking care of the car correctly.

It’s not about clogging up the catalyst it’s about poisoning the platinum and other metals. This will only happen at very high rates of consumption. Your car isn’t burning a bunch of oil, is it?

It’s not about clogging up the catalyst it’s about poisoning the platinum and other metals. This will only happen at very high rates of consumption. Your car isn’t burning a bunch of oil, is it?
It shouldn’t be. I last did an oil change in May, with Mobil 1 0w-40 Euro and I’m due for one now. I checked it about 4 weeks ago and was only down barely a qt.

I ran Mobil1 Supercar in my Civic on its last oci. I have Mobil1 FS Euro 5w40 in it right now. I wouldn't be concerned with poisoning unless you're burning at a really high rate. Supercar is DexosR for corvette, Euro holds A40 among others. I'm switching to HPL after this run, but if I were to choose between either again it would be FS Euro. Viscosity, TBN, & HTHS is a tad more robust on the Euro plus it's cheaper.

According to ExxonMobil, the Supercar and Euro 0W-40 are not the same formula. I wouldn’t run Euro in my GM vehicles. It’s not Dexos approved. I run the Supercar in my GM vehicles.

Back