3) Kevin Harvick

4) Daniel Suarez

5) Brad Keselowski

6) Ricky Stenhouse Jr.

7) Kurt Busch

8) Kyle Larson

9) Clint Bowyer

10) Erik Jones

Harvick is just motoring serenely around, wins 1st stage by 6 seconds over 2nd place car.
He runs them into the ground on the long runs because he knows how to take care of the tires.

Now we get to see how fast Harvick will go to the front. The Fords are looking really good considering all the doom and gloom talk all off season.

I watched because it’s Atlanta, arguably NASCAR’s best track. I found it entertaining even though you knew from the start it was Harvick’s race to lose. It was very interesting how the announcers and other team’s spotters were identifying how early Happy let off the gas entering one and no one could copy him. A pit road error sent him to the back but that didn’t last long. Then toward the end, he lost the handle for one stint and the 2 car could stay with him. But, the pit crew got it right on the last stop, Harvick made the perfect re-start when it counted and the guy who deserved to win didn’t get wrecked out on purpose. So, I enjoyed it despite its lopsidedness.

I used to be a big Nascar fan.

I now live 24 minutes from AMS. Went there after work on Friday to watch qualifying.

I haven't thought about going to a Nascar race there in years. On Sunday, me and the wife were headed out to run some errands at 2:00 pm. They had not started the race yet. I said "we could go to the race." We could have. We could have made it there before the start, pulling out of the driveway at 2:00 pm and got home before 8:00 pm when the race ended about 7:00 pm.

Went and bought some groceries for the week. I did watch a little on TV. A 6-second lead doesn't impress me. 30-some-odd cars had absolutely NOTHING for the guy/team that won all weekend and Nascar was worried about Truex on Friday, not even allowing him to qualify or practice?

Ha.

Truez Jr's car did not pass the new Hawkeye inspection system 3 times before qualifying. The third time you fail you lose 30 minutes in final practice and the car chief is excluded for the remainder of the weekend. Had they failed a 4th time they would have been parked for all of Happy Hour and Cole Pearn would have been excluded for the remainder of the weekend.

The Hawkeye / OSS inspection system is incredibly accurate and most likely that is what caused the field to have more parity. Hawkeye's systems have been used in cricket since 2001 and their participants are way more resistant to change than NASCAR's. As far as Kevin Harvick's lead, he knows how to drive that track in its current condition better than anyone else.

As far as the pit gun issue, I called into The Late Shift last night with Brad squared and they both agreed Paoli will fix any issues. They make a quality product and really there was about a 1% failure rate on Sunday which is still too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back