Daytona 500 rescheduled for Monday?

Looks like it.

C36D0C3F-FEF4-497D-A611-1F1429040D4F.jpg

What a race. I think Joey Logano 22 would have won but the 18 car wreck occurred and he didn’t make it to the finish line. William Byron owes this one to Alex Bowman. The replay of the 18 car wreck is the highlight of the race.

Here is a written explanation of what happened.

F2E26A25-AAF6-4FCD-A5D5-FB02CABAB41B.jpeg

Last edited:
Was an entertaining race, the actual win was a bit of a downer the way it happened, but at that point all the fast cars had been wiped out so no point in suffering through 3 tries at a green, white checkered anyway. Would have been a battle between 7 slow cars at the rate they were going. :p

The Penske cars seemed to have the most speed with Logano the fastest of all but was not to be.

Super speedways aren’t as entertaining to me. The 1.5 mile racetracks are for me. Not as reliant on drafting. I don’t watch for the crashes; I watch for the racing.

I like short tracks way better though….

They need to go back to North Wilkesboro and Asheville…

Cut the cookie cutter races at Texas, Las Vegas, Chicago, and California. Cut a race from Dover too… Get rid of the race at Indianapolis as well. And cut the overall schedule to 29 races like it used to be back in the 1980s.

NASCAR needs to get back to basics and get back to smaller tracks and venues. Get the fan / driver interactions like it used to be back in the 1990s and 1980s and 1970s.

The days of multimillion dollars sponsorships are over and the glut of money has been evaporating for 15 years.

Time to realize its need to reconnect to the fans first and foremost. And take necessary cuts to save money for the teams and go back to Nascars roots…

I knew the movie Days of Thunder attracted waaaaay too much corporate $$$$ in racing, TV, advertising, etc…and NASCAR started to become further away from what fans really wanted. Was more like a TV soap opera than racing.

I’m not crazy about the super speedways….. I really enjoy Watkins Glen type racetracks.
Driver really has to use all their skills and physical / mental energy just to stay on the lead lap.

One missed shift / tire spin around a turn and you quickly get passed by 5 cars.

Lots of strategizing throughout the race. Hundreds of gear shifts and driver’s feet and arms very busy the entire race.

Back