Huskey or Weathertech floorliners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Traction
After flipping through this thread, I just ordered Husky x-act fit mats for the front of my Tahoe for $100. Never spent that much on floor mats before. I'll find out tomorrow how they fit. Probably better than the almost new generic ones I found at the car wash by the garbage can.

Put my Husky x-act contour mats in my Tahoe this morning before going out in the snow. They look and fit perfect. Very happy with the quality, after I was expecting them to show up in curled, folded up mess in the box, but they come like they should in a flat box.

I have Husky liners in both of my 98 Chevy trucks. I've had them in the K1500 since 2001 and in the K3500 since 2007. Both sets still in great shape and fit very well. The ones for the K1500 were bought new and the ones for the K3500 were bought used.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
We sell Weathertech at my work and frankly I have been disappointed with every set I have seen. For as much as they cost, they don't seem to fit well. Plus almost every set we have sold the past 6 months or so has either been flat out rejected or laid in the vehicle and returned. Note this is mostly on Ford trucks. We will sell the Ford branded accessory liners which are a lot less money and customers seem a lot happier with them. It has got to the point where when customers or sales people ask about them I say that lately they have all been returned for poor fitment, but I will order them if they want them.

Has WeatherTech quality improved since your post ?

Just got a set of HuskyLiners for my grandfather's 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. They fit incredibly well.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
We sell Weathertech at my work and frankly I have been disappointed with every set I have seen. For as much as they cost, they don't seem to fit well. Plus almost every set we have sold the past 6 months or so has either been flat out rejected or laid in the vehicle and returned. Note this is mostly on Ford trucks. We will sell the Ford branded accessory liners which are a lot less money and customers seem a lot happier with them. It has got to the point where when customers or sales people ask about them I say that lately they have all been returned for poor fitment, but I will order them if they want them.

Has WeatherTech quality improved since your post ?

Not that I have seen no. Customers still balk at the high prices.

Husky floor liners in my Ram--excellent fit and a good value IMHO. I also use the Husky molded mud flaps, as MOPAR doesn't yet make mud flaps that (correctly) fit my 2017 that comes with the factory sidesteps--the MOPAR mudflaps touch / rub the front of the steps. Weird, eh?

I have Weathertechs in all my vehicles except my Tundra. I had them in the Tundra but sold them and went with 3D Maxpider mats. The passenger side Weathertech in the Tundra would move too much and come out when someone would get in or out of the truck.

Originally Posted By: Robster
Husky floor liners in my Ram--excellent fit and a good value IMHO. I also use the Husky molded mud flaps, as MOPAR doesn't yet make mud flaps that (correctly) fit my 2017 that comes with the factory sidesteps--the MOPAR mudflaps touch / rub the front of the steps. Weird, eh?

I wish I had Husky's in my 13 Ram instead Weathertech's! The Husky's in my wife Impala have been excellent and they were easily 100$ dollars cheaper than the weathertechs.
The weathertechs, although they have been better than nothing, don't cover near as well nor do they hold the slop as good as the Hucky's do.

As far as you mudflaps go, you have to swap your running boards from one side to the next as this makes the necessary room where you need it. I did it on mine and it worked great and there is no noticeable difference, other than having a little extra length towards the rear.
It was easy to do and I didn't find out about this trick until 2 years after I had owned the truck.

It took me maybe 1/2 tops to do.

Good luck.
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back