CANON PRINTER ISSUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
My MG6820 Canon printer has developed a problem that when I try to print, it dumps the first page and then prints normally. I have been unable to cure this so far. Suggestions for what I might check to solve this? Thank you ed

Pull the paper out and reinstall it, try to unplug it for a while and see if something clears in it's memory - like a reset. I would also try and uninstall and reinstall it's drivers as they may have been corrupted. It could also be a setting got touched. Do the other functions work OK?

It may not be the printer. The program you are using may be sending a blank cover sheet. Check the print settings in the program.

I've seen a similar problem in my work environment when the humidity or temp is high/low which will cause the paper to slightly curl when trying to print. It either jams or prints the first blank then the actual print.

Inspect if the paper is flat or curled. Try to remove half or more of your paper load and reprint. You can also try to load up some fresh new paper to test.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back