Ac Delco PF2057 cut open (honda application)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to cut open an ac delco that came off my friends 2004 honda civic ex

2004 Honda civic 145,000 miles
Ac delco PF2057
4000 miles on filter
castrol GTX oil 5w30

ANYONE KNOW WHO MAKES THIS FILTER BY ANY CHANCE?

Filter seems to look good with exception of a few wavy pleats. ADBV still pliable no media tears. Hes been running this these delco filters for over 70k miles and has not had any issues.

Last edited:
Bypass valve design looks like a Fram. Obviously not an OCOD because it has metal caps, but barring other evidence I'd say its Fram-built.

Yes its ac delco the label was worn off from brake clean so i removed what was left and it 10000% said delco lol

Last edited:
Maybe the Fram-style bypass valve is a first example of the two companies sharing components now that they're under the same ownership? I've been expecting to see *some* level of sharing across the brands. I figure its only a matter of time until you see a few Fram characteristics showing up in Champion products and vice-versa.

Made by Champ Labs. Super Tech's made by Champ had blue button nylon bypass too, in this size it would have been ST7317. Check out the link below and in that would be before Fram also came under the Rank banner with Champ. You can call it Fram now as Champ is under that name now, but it's still distinctly Champ construction, ie. no fiber end caps. Look similar? If not identical, close cousin. Also similar to or same as STP.

Super Tech 7317 cut open

ST7317004.jpg

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Made by Champ Labs. Super Tech's made by Champ had blue button nylon bypass too, in this size it would have been ST7317. Check out the link below and in that would be before Fram also came under the Rank banner with Champ. You can call it Fram now as Champ is under that name now, but it's still distinctly Champ construction, ie. no fiber end caps. Look similar? If not identical, close cousin. Also similar to or same as STP.

Super Tech 7317 cut open

ST7317004.jpg

I dont think its super tech b/c super tech never had a blue can... but it looks simular inside.

I think its STP like what you said at the end.

Exterior can color is insignificant in identifying a specific interior filter similarities. Filter makers like Champ offer differing exterior paint colors depending what each seller wants. It's what inside that matters. The ST or STP all made by Champ with what looks to be identical construction, and same bypass configuration in this size. Note I said if not identical, close cousin. And ACD is oem, no one afaik has been able to absolutely document if there is any real difference in media/efficiency. That aside, their other construction components look identical, at least to me.

Also if you note STP and Auto Zone together, STP no longer makes the 7317 size, same as the OP's. They spec the smaller shorty 14612 equivalent, S6607. The Super Tech 7317 is the same size as the OP's. But more importantly it answers the OP's question regarding who makes ACDelco. Champ construction now under the Fram name.

Yep, seems like decent nitrile adbv filter, from a name brand. As for the flow question, don't worry about it. In pc (passenger car) use flow is an insignificant consideration. All the reputable and even the lesser known filters, will flow more than enough in your Honda use.

only thing i was worried about were the "slit" holes versus like a purolator classic where it has actually "holes" to let if flow through

but like i stated my buddy has been using 2057's for a long time now and they have been good to him

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back