Oil filter comparison links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any links to websites that compare oil filters? All I can find is old data,from like 1999 to the mid 2000s. I am looking for Purolator and Motorcraft in particular,modern and recent.I'de like to see the filters cut open and the data on them.

You might need to do some digging, but members here have posted various pictures of their filters cut open.

The pics and cutaways are only part of the story. Kinda like that old commercial where that really buff, tanned older gent saunters by the younger ladies at the pool, who stare lustfully. He climbs agilely onto the diving board, leaps and does the most awful bellyflop. Performance is what counts

Purolator lists their specs. So do Wix and Fram. Donaldson does, but it's hard to find. Baldwin, no. MC no. Ultimately, you will have to e-mail the prospective filter mfrs and ask directly, making sure you get the ISO4548-12 numbers, i.e. XX% @ XX micron. Most times they respond to direct questions.

Last edited:
LOL this IS the only site I know of with members crazy enough to go to these extremes
smile.gif
granted, not knocking them....I love the eye candy too.. but just saying LOL. The only other source I know of is the minimopar site
smile.gif

The MC V K&N looks wrong to me. 50 pleats for the MC and 55 for the K&N, I count 14 on the K&N and 23 on the MC. I would like to see the back side of those filters.
Also, so much for Wix and Napa being the same 61 pleats for Wix and 59 for the Napa filter.

ROD

The following link has some very recent dissection information, with some excellent pics. But, I'd totally ignore the authors conclusions regarding his patch test results. It's been pretty much debunked here as lacking in test validity and reliability regarding true filter efficiency. But again, the dissection pics are excellent and relatively recent.

http://www.ns2.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/oilfilterstudy.html

Wow,those links contain a lot of information.I now feel like an oil filter wizard.I currently use the MC FL-400S but would not hesitate to use a Purolator Classic or PureOne if I were in a pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back